Windshield trim help

slant6billy

Reaction score
I am laying out my trim for my F coupe. the front windshield 5 pieces are ok and not bent too much, but the rear window trim is a bit troubled. The lower 2 pieces are perfect, but the "L" shaped right and left pieces that run up the side and across the top have flattened. What I mean I need them to conform to the contour of the window across the top. I wish I had an English wheel to put a bow to the pieces.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to cheat with some modern rubber window trim, like on a modern car. My trim is black anyway, so black rubber would not be a drastic or obvious contrast.

I can wok with this, but it will be slow. Any sources for replacements - new, NOS or universal? I can hit local auto grave yards for used - there was 3 in the locals.

slant6billy

Reaction score
thanks man. The other fun with trim is how to ship it? I had a full set of Ebody vinyl top trim. It was one hell of a science project to try to ship it. Straight pieces are easy, but large long curves are tuff. Plywood back board is my first thought. However, the rear pieces I have can't lay flat. What I believe is what caused my current issue. I guess the way to describe it is a the blade on a hockey stick. Now, a hockey stick blade is not going to deform if you lay the stick flat and have a minimum amount of pressure on it. The trim is going to give up the fight. I may experiment with a makeshift English wheel with some old metal casters.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
That's a tuff one! They'd be a bear to ship, and to wheel them you'd need super skinny wheels shaped more like a custom bead roller set to get into the channels. GOOD LUCK! I'd be headed to the boneyard for more.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Actually, the parts are very vorkable. The L shaped rear window have a lot of contours going on. If I start from the bottom coners and slowly work up to the upper corner, it will conform. I hace a 1 inch caster with a 1/32 crest. I put it on the end of a broken piece of crown moulding. Also, a window screen install tool has a skinny wheel on it too. I did quick flat black spray and it is a 9 out of a 10.

Back