Wiring diagram label descriptions

Deano

Reaction score
I'm wanting to run both an aftermarket oil pressure gauge and the factory warning light. I know I'll need an oil pressure switch and a brass tee for the manual oil line and the switch. I'm sorta confused about something in my ESM. What does the "S.C. #--" mean exactly? I've noticed it in quite a few diagrams and looked and looked for an explanation in the book and I can't find one. Can someone shed some light?

oil pressure 002.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
My '79 manual has different symbols but, that indicates where the circuit goes through the bulkhead connector, which is what the arrows mean. The number is the terminal position in the connector. The bulkhead connector diagram should be in the "wiring diagrams general information" section of the manual. It's at the beginning and farther on are the illustrations where the harness routing and splice locations are shown. Not sure what "S.C." stands for though. Something connector?

Deano

Reaction score
"Something connector?"

Sounds good enough to me. It's not like it's a big deal, but I like to understand what I'm looking at.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
S/C or S.C. = "Sales Code".

I couldn't read what the sales codes were (in your picture) to better answer this question.
The sales codes could refer to California vs. everywhere else, or Lean Burn vs. no Lean Burn (or Police, and so forth).
BudW

Deano

Reaction score
BudW, it's in several of the diagrams. The one of the oil, temperature gauge and brake switch I posted says S.C. #19 and S.C. #20. There's one on the headlamp switch diagram- S.C. #23 and #24, several on the wiper diagram- 8, 13, 14, 18, 22, 26. Then there's 15 and 16 on the P.C. board, and lots more I'm not going into.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The numbers are the terminal locations in the bulkhead connector but still not sure what the "S" means. "C" has to be Connector. Now it's a quest to find out. I gotta know!:D

Same on the PC board. Any wire that goes through the bulkhead connector will have that as an identifier. The -> and >- symbols are male and female terminals.

Last edited:

69-

Reaction score
I vote for Service connector.

At least it seems not to be the bulkhead, as there are grommets shown.

Back