Wow, Did I screw up or what. LOL. Rim Width's

David Clark

Reaction score
Wasn't even paying a damn bit of attention on the Keystone Klassic Rims that I have that came on the Aspy when I bought it. We got 4 New tires for the Aspen with our Anniversary Money that My Wifes Dad Sent us. I bought 4, 205/75R14's. Got them home and started to mount the damn things and noticed the 4 Keystone Rims I have, 2 of each, have different Offsets and Width's to the Rims. One set of 2 Rims is about 8 and the other set of 2 rims are about 7 inches in Diameter. the 7 Inch rims took the Tires no Problem, but the 8 inch ones are too wide for me to get the damn tire to bead properly. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH. Wife is gonna Kill me when she gets hOme LOLOL.
--- Post updated ---
I assume I will have to buy 205/70R14 Tires to fit those two Rims, Right??

slant6billy

Reaction score
Go to Tirerack and see what you can find with a 26 inch tall tire. The closest thing I see for you is a BF Goodrich 245/60 -14. Gets you 25.6 height on a wider rim. You may gain a 1/4 inch in height if you rim is 8 inch at the bead. Tirerack measures wider at the outside edges

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, I think I am Screwed. Got Tires off of each rim so I could get an accurate measurement and one is 6 inch wide, the other is 7 inch wide. The 6 Inch Wide rim has a Deeper Dish to it than the 7 Inch Rim (Wider Tire) but the offset on the 6 Inch Wide (Narrow Tire) is so bad that the tire is scraping the Rear of the Front Wheel Well. I got the Same Size tires that were on the Rims to Begin with on the Front. the 205/75R14's but for some reason they scrape. The 7 Inch Wide Rims would be more suitable up front with the shallower dish on it which would move the tire closer into the hub, but then I would end up with Wider tires on the front than in the back and we all know that looks like shit. I GIVE UP.

IMG_2385.JPG

--- Post updated ---
I don't think these Particular Rims are the Right Offset for this particular Vehicle and original owner just didn't give a shit.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Well, I think I am Screwed. Got Tires off of each rim so I could get an accurate measurement and one is 6 inch wide, the other is 7 inch wide. The 6 Inch Wide rim has a Deeper Dish to it than the 7 Inch Rim (Wider Tire) but the offset on the 6 Inch Wide (Narrow Tire) is so bad that the tire is scraping the Rear of the Front Wheel Well. I got the Same Size tires that were on the Rims to Begin with on the Front. the 205/75R14's but for some reason they scrape. The 7 Inch Wide Rims would be more suitable up front with the shallower dish on it which would move the tire closer into the hub, but then I would end up with Wider tires on the front than in the back and we all know that looks like shit. I GIVE UP.

View attachment 15204
--- Post updated ---
I don't think these Particular Rims are the Right Offset for this particular Vehicle and original owner just didn't give a shit.
Don't throw in the towel just yet. There are people who can rework wheels by adding taking away sections of rim with a plasma cutter. If you have someone cut the back lip off the deep dish 6 inchers. Then add to that the get rim width. Or cut the keystone centers out a reweld them in to wagon wheel donors. I have to get my SS/T wheels cut down to 5 1/2 inches to clear my control arms. A shop in Burlington NJ called Wheel works is doing it

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, Out here in the middle of the boonies, No one has a plasma Cutter and if they did, it would probably cost me 7000 an hour to have them do it for me. Because out here, you know, that 400 year old Horse Trailer they wanna sell has to be sold for 3000% above NEW prices.And Most of the Tire/Wheel Shops up here don't do any Custom work, they just sell the shit. LOL. Screw it, gonna throw the Rally Rims that Came with the Road Runner on it. LOL. Or Try anyway LOL, At least I have my own Manual Tire Mounter/Demounter so the only thing this will cost me is a sore back, Foot and lots of sweat LOL.
--- Post updated ---
Ok, I guess the aspen will have to do with Steel Rims on it. The Keystones just won't work with their weird offset and such. Put the Rally Rims on the Dart (she has more play than the aspen for some reason around the front fenders) and will be putting the Steel Rims on the Aspen that came off the Dart. I want one of these ol beaters to look good at least LOL. I got all the Center Caps for the Rally Rims but one, for some reason it just disappeared. UGH. Got all the Outer Rings too. Just not the Right Lugnuts for use with the Caps right now so the caps will stay off for now on the Dart. Not an F, M, or J Body but she looks a bit better with the Rally Rims on her. (This is the Wife's Daily Driver). Before and After Pics.
IMG_2388.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks, this is the one we traded a Moo Calf For LOL, was sitting for over 10 yrs before we got it.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Those wheels give that car a new lease on life! Looking good.

Back