WTB !980 Cordoba Interior trim pieces in Cashmere/Tan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi,

I have a 1980 Cordoba Crown coupe that I am looking for some trim pieces for. The car has a beige/tan/cashmere colored interior (cashmere is the official Chrysler colour description from the sales brochure).

1. A hinge cover for the seat back hinge on the driver's (left) side. The one in the car is missing. It is there on the passenger (pasenger) side.

2. A seat belt guide for the driver's seat, on the right side of the driver's seat. The one in the car has dried out, and the plastic is brittle and breaks off. Looks like this has been going on for a while, because the seat belt guide has cut the seat cushion on the driber's side. I have tried to put some Lexol Vinylex on it, but it didn't have any effect.

If anybody has any or either of these two parts, I'd be willing buy or work out a deal.

Kostas

tim berry

Reaction score
i dont know if you need the top of the door moulding i have one i think is for the driver side . nos

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Tim:

The door panels on my car are a sort of fake wood grain that is both cracked and faded (some of the lighter parts have gone pinkish). My car is a Crown Coupe from what I have been able to determine, and this is the same wood grain that is used on my 1982 Mirada. I don't know if the fake woodgrain is part of some option package or not; both cars do have the 60/40 split bench front seat, and both have the power operated driver's seat.

Kostas

marty mopar

Reaction score
The 1980-83 Cordoba and Mirada had interiors that made Yugos look like a Rolls Royce, or the other way around....who knows? The moldings on the tops of the door panels were recalled by Chrysler ( I had some ) and these weren't much better than the trash that the cars came with. They all broke at the lock knob hole first and then 10 minutes later disintegrated everywhere else. The chrome plated plastic and wood grained junk inside the car lasted 2 months in the sun. Extensions on the Qtr panels turned to powder. I had a brand new (NOS) extension for one of these gems in my attic and it totally broke apart and never saw the UV from the sun. Simply amazing! Once in awhile I see one of these cars in the wrecking yards here in the PHX AZ area and there is NOTHING USEABLE on the inside of these cars. It looks like a bomb went off and blasted the trim to pieces.

If you can find a door panel molding in one piece, then you can have it re-wood grained.

The part book shows 2 different seat belt guides:

S863TX9 for the Hi-back bucket seat. I don't have this one

the non high back seats use S761ST4 tan I have these NOS

here is a black one as I have these in various colors

002-22.jpg

The seat hinge arm cover I believe is S813SX9 which I also have NOS. The casting number on the back is 5208093. If you pull off the one on the right side and it has 5209092 on it then that is the one you need.

PM me if you can use any of these items.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Marty.

I will be in touch soon about the driver's side hinge cover, but the part in your picture is not the seat belt guide I am looking for. I am looking for the seat belt guide that covers the seat belt end that bolts into the floor, and keeps the latch release on the end of the seat belt from falling/being pushed back between the seat back and the seat bottom. Sorry for not describing properly the first time around.

I have heard about the plowdering/flaking apart of the Cordoba and Mirada fender caps, and it may be a factor of Alberta being dry as a bone or something, but the Mirada and Cordoba that I do have both have their end caps, and they are still flexible. The Cordoba came with a hole on front driver's side end cap, but it was still flexible; according to the person I got the car from, it was from a rock hit (also knocked two slats off of the Cordoba's grille). I got a replacement at the local Pick'n'Pull; it too had flexible extensions, and I took my replacement from it. It isn't the same colour, but since my car needs to be repainted anyway, it didn't really matter. I also got the center pieces for the front and rear bumpers, as mine are warped (rear bumper) or going chalky white (front bumper). I am wondering if the cars that have had their fender extensions turn to powder were either painted with an incorrect paint, damaging/decomposing the flexible plastic material, or perhaps the different batches of flexible plastic material were improperly cured. I have seen a few Cordobas/Miradas, and all of their fender extensions were still flexible. It isn't a lack of sun, either, as the paint job on my Cordoba has pretty much been sunburned away, but the front and rear fender extensions are still flexible. Alberta, and especially Calgary, are known to have really strong sun (Calgary is 1000M/3300' above sea level, with very little air pollution, and not much by way of rain or cloudy weather).

Kostas

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Marty:

Below are two pictures of the seat belt guide that I am asking about. The hole in the driver's side seat fabric can also be seen.

Seat Belt Guide 2.jpg
Seat Belt Guide 1.jpg

The angle is a little odd, but it was chosen to show what I was talking about.

Kostas

Seat Belt Guide 2.jpg

Seat Belt Guide 1.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Marty:

These two pictures are the hinge cover that I was asking about. This is the passenger side cover, what I am looking for is the driver's side cover. The first picture has some numbers that may help you figure out the correct one for the driver's side. There is a small crack, and corresponding impact mark on the passenger side cover. If you have a replacement that would be great. If not, I'm sure I can reinforce it in some way.

Hinge Cover 2.jpg
Hinge Cover 1.jpg

Kostas

Hinge Cover 2.jpg

Hinge Cover 1.jpg

CMX360

Reaction score
"The 1980-83 Cordoba and Mirada had interiors that made Yugos look like a Rolls Royce, or the other way around....who knows? The moldings on the tops of the door panels were recalled by Chrysler ( I had some ) and these weren't much better than the trash that the cars came with. They all broke at the lock knob hole first and then 10 minutes later disintegrated everywhere else. The chrome plated plastic and wood grained junk inside the car lasted 2 months in the sun. Extensions on the Qtr panels turned to powder. I had a brand new (NOS) extension for one of these gems in my attic and it totally broke apart and never saw the UV from the sun. Simply amazing! Once in awhile I see one of these cars in the wrecking yards here in the PHX AZ area and there is NOTHING USEABLE on the inside of these cars. It looks like a bomb went off and blasted the trim to pieces."

HAHAHA. Yeah the guys restoring Cudas and Chargers have no idea how easy they've got it. A/B/E-body owner "My interior looks like shit......YearOne." F/J/M-body owner "My interior looks like shit......30 parts cars and way to much time on ebay hunting for way overpriced NOS."

marty mopar

Reaction score
I just found an 83 Cordoba in a local Phoenix area yard. I got both qtr extensions off the car only to have them both fall apart after I got them home. Nice quality! The front extensions are there and are intact, however I don't want to spend the time taking them off only to have them turn to powder. I got numerous parts off the car: bumper guards and nerfs, the tail lamps and other miscellaneous stuff. The rear center bumper filler was OK (I pulled it) and so far it is still in one piece.

marty mopar

Reaction score
trim code DL:

S844SX9 R

S877SX9 L

trim N5:

S816-7AA3 R/L

there are 2 trim codes for the seats

these are the part numbers

try also running the casting number 4188601 for the left

try www.partsvoice.com for these

chief

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 1980 Cordoba Crown coupe that I am looking for some trim pieces for. The car has a beige/tan/cashmere colored interior (cashmere is the official Chrysler colour description from the sales brochure).

1. A hinge cover for the seat back hinge on the driver's (left) side. The one in the car is missing. It is there on the passenger (pasenger) side.

2. A seat belt guide for the driver's seat, on the right side of the driver's seat. The one in the car has dried out, and the plastic is brittle and breaks off. Looks like this has been going on for a while, because the seat belt guide has cut the seat cushion on the driber's side. I have tried to put some Lexol Vinylex on it, but it didn't have any effect.

If anybody has any or either of these two parts, I'd be willing buy or work out a deal.

Kostas
Would you have any extra seat hinge covers with Part # 5208093?

chief

Reaction score
The 1980-83 Cordoba and Mirada had interiors that made Yugos look like a Rolls Royce, or the other way around....who knows? The moldings on the tops of the door panels were recalled by Chrysler ( I had some ) and these weren't much better than the trash that the cars came with. They all broke at the lock knob hole first and then 10 minutes later disintegrated everywhere else. The chrome plated plastic and wood grained junk inside the car lasted 2 months in the sun. Extensions on the Qtr panels turned to powder. I had a brand new (NOS) extension for one of these gems in my attic and it totally broke apart and never saw the UV from the sun. Simply amazing! Once in awhile I see one of these cars in the wrecking yards here in the PHX AZ area and there is NOTHING USEABLE on the inside of these cars. It looks like a bomb went off and blasted the trim to pieces.

If you can find a door panel molding in one piece, then you can have it re-wood grained.

The part book shows 2 different seat belt guides:

S863TX9 for the Hi-back bucket seat. I don't have this one

the non high back seats use S761ST4 tan I have these NOS

here is a black one as I have these in various colors

View attachment 25106

The seat hinge arm cover I believe is S813SX9 which I also have NOS. The casting number on the back is 5208093. If you pull off the one on the right side and it has 5209092 on it then that is the one you need.

PM me if you can use any of these items.
I like to buy the seat hinge covers part # 5208093 and the 5209092. If you have the covers for both seats I like to buy them. Please email me at esmathers55@yahoo.com Thank you

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
I wish you had posted this a few months ago - before all the snow. There is a 1980 Cordoba, in a yard about an hour north of me, that has the light interior. It's probably under a couple of feet of snow at this point.

marty mopar

Reaction score
5208092-3 (casting #s) is actually

S812SX9 R Black
S813SX9 L Black

no doubt other color codes were used for other colors... I only have black NOS... I have 2 rights and 1 left

chief

Reaction score
I just found an 83 Cordoba in a local Phoenix area yard. I got both qtr extensions off the car only to have them both fall apart after I got them home. Nice quality! The front extensions are there and are intact, however I don't want to spend the time taking them off only to have them turn to powder. I got numerous parts off the car: bumper guards and nerfs, the tail lamps and other miscellaneous stuff. The rear center bumper filler was OK (I pulled it) and so far it is still in one piece.
I like to buy the seat hinge covers(black) part # 5208093. How much for all 3? my email is esmathers55@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back