WANTED WTB Volare/Aspen under hood wiring and parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

olddaddy

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am building a 50 Plymouth Suburban that has a Volare sub-frame and slant/6 drivetrain. I need the complete ignition wiring harness for under the hood. I'd like to have all the wiring under the hood if possible. AC brackets for the small compressor. Brake distribution block and steel brake lines. Ideally someone in Florida has a parts car I can pull from. Barring that I'll buy whatever I can find, hopefully from someone here.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I am guessing you want more than something like this? New Electronic Ignition Wiring Harness NOS Mopar Chrysler Orange Chrome Box ECU | eBay
P3690152.jpg

You will need to cut and splice into just about anything. The ignition system and charging system wiring are the two big items. The P3690152 (may or might not have letters afterwards) is all you need for the ignition system - well, you will also need a ballast resistor and a ignition switch.

If you are using vehicle for daily usage, using a 2-wire charging system is better (with temperature sensitive charging).
Voltage Regulator n Harness.jpg

If a weekend warrior car, then a simple 1-wire charging system might be better (ie: simpler).

I will say that maybe 1/2 of the possible /6 FMJ engine harnesses will be Lean Burn (engine computer mounted on air cleaner) - which I suspect you are not looking for.

I don't have anything to help you. I was only offering a possible solution to your need/want.
BudW

Last edited:

olddaddy

Reaction score
Bud, I think you are on the right track. Those parts are what I was planning to pull off a Volare or Aspen. Did not occur to me to go on Ebay. Car will be a mild driver, so standard Mopar alternator and charging setup. I have a new in the box complete wiring harness, but the connections to the slant/6 specific bits are what I need. Thanks for the reply!

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Its funny that someone at Farleys drew that wiring diagram. It started showing up in other places, and now actually being included by someone selling those harnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back