1976 Aspen/Volare fuel pick.

foxy343

Reaction score

greymouser7

Reaction score
"
Thanks for responding, I have a 1978 tank/pickup but I believe their may be differences between 1976 and 1978? Would a 1978 tank pickup work in a 1976 car?"

If you have the recessed tire inlay on the trunk floor pan then I believe that you have to modify the trunk-floor pan.

Gas tanks are cheap on eBay for 78 and up thru 89 for m bodies, i think that they are the same

Gauges that are NewOldStock in the box can be had or used ones but the NOS has sky rocketed in price over the last 18 months -grills, bumpers, speedometers, vertical side window louvers, etc. that once went for $150ish down to $20ish can reach past $400 and 500 dollars from sellers like hemigeorge, 440bl, fmmopar, and others.

I found many good deals by checking eBay daily for these cars, even while missing 6 months of the year due to deployments. 'Auctionsniper' helps you bid at the last 8 seconds, costs very little and you don't have to keep track of what you want-just enter the maximum $ that you would pay and forget it-no need to compete in a bidding war with another in which your emotions empty your wallet.

Use http://my-craigs-finder.com/ OR google others for national craigslist search including most cities most recent listing -becareful though, when you talk on the phone with the person, you might still get ripped off on long distance deals. Cities like Reno and Detroit might have fantastic deals due to poor economies, but BECAREFUL.

good luck!

Last edited:

holmes

Reaction score
Any Aspen/Volare made up until 4/1977 has the recessed trunk floor and the weird gas tank with the hump on the drivers side to accommodate the spare tire well and the matching pick up/sending unit. I have heard of others putting later trunk floors into early Aspen/Volares to use later tanks that they could buy and get parts for. Would a fuel cell in the trunk be a workable option for you?

Back