FOR SALE 1977 Plymouth Volare Car/Parts (in junkyard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfmandip

Reaction score
Contact seller
This showed up in the local yard last week in case anyone was interested. I am not affiliated in any way with the yard.

IMG_20240121_124901756_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240121_124928068_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240121_124943417_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240121_124947664.jpg

IMG_20240121_124954606.jpg

IMG_20240121_125008042_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240121_125146716.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Do you know if it's still there or was this a week ago? I'm not seeing it on their inventory online

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Made the trip today. What a rot box. But the window belts and channels were still good. Grabbed those, a regulator, some trim and some hardware. Thanks @wolfmandip 20240130_103518.jpg20240130_104054.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Went back and grabbed the glass I pulled. I was kicking myself for not buying it the first time. This thing has a really nice vinyl headliner and a nice dash. I don't have the stomach for the wet mouse turd/piss smell to take the interior out to drop the headliner or the dash though.

Door cards were junk. Only the front passenger armrest was any good and I left it. The rears were rotted inside the ashtrays. Rear window is good. There is nothing in the engine bay of any value. The front bench seat and the rear seat would probably clean up.

There's some weird vintage black floor mats in there too.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Cool score. Keep in mind the rear door glass isn't usable in the 80s ones and the rubber components are a bit different. All because of the shape of the door. Headliner is also a bit different.
Didn't stop me from getting the window seal parts off a 70s LeBaron either since they looked good.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Cool score. Keep in mind the rear door glass isn't usable in the 80s ones and the rubber components are a bit different. All because of the shape of the door. Headliner is also a bit different.
Didn't stop me from getting the window seal parts off a 70s LeBaron either since they looked good.
Yeah the rears are ever so slightly different. If the headliner would have fit I'd probably have been more motivated to get it. The rear door cards from a 78 diplomat fit my 87 with some massaging. The glass channel run looks about the same. The window sweeps looks about the same. Better than what I have now at least.

I went to all the trouble to get the rubber. Figured I should have got the glass. Into the hoarding pile it goes

halfafish

Reaction score
If the car is still there, someone should check out the intake situation. It's all but certain that will be a Super Six setup. If so, some slant person would be very happy to get it. The entire package is well worth salvaging - intake and exhaust manifolds, carb, air cleaner, cold air intake stuff, distributor, and the kickdown linkage all the way to the trans.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
If the car is still there, someone should check out the intake situation. It's all but certain that will be a Super Six setup. If so, some slant person would be very happy to get it. The entire package is well worth salvaging - intake and exhaust manifolds, carb, air cleaner, cold air intake stuff, distributor, and the kickdown linkage all the way to the trans.
Without a massive amount of heat, which I'm sure the yard will frown on, you're not getting anything in that engine bay apart at the yard. I couldn't even get the air cleaner lid off. I know the slant 6 crowd goes crazy for some stuff, but even the radiator cap was seized to the radiator.

I had to rip the rusty doors to get the little window guide bushings. This thing is really far gone.

If someone wants to buy the whole engine I'm sure the yard can get a front loader and rip it out for you. There's nothing but paper thin rusty metal holding it in

halfafish

Reaction score
Wow. Crazy it could be so rusted out. If I was closer I'd give it a go but I'm clear across the country.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Wow. Crazy it could be so rusted out. If I was closer I'd give it a go but I'm clear across the country.
There's nothing but daylight under the passenger side hood hinge. Same for underneath the rear seat. If I could have got any slant 6 parts off to make some money I would have. Someone with more time and effort would have to do it

Duke5A

Reaction score
Without a massive amount of heat, which I'm sure the yard will frown on, you're not getting anything in that engine bay apart at the yard. I couldn't even get the air cleaner lid off. I know the slant 6 crowd goes crazy for some stuff, but even the radiator cap was seized to the radiator.

I had to rip the rusty doors to get the little window guide bushings. This thing is really far gone.

If someone wants to buy the whole engine I'm sure the yard can get a front loader and rip it out for you. There's nothing but paper thin rusty metal holding it in
They don't check your toolbox on the way in. Lol. I was pulling coil spring seats out of an F-150 last year and brought a propane torch with me in the bottom of the box. Without it I was never getting the nuts in the bottom of the coils out. Played stupid and said I wouldn't do it again. Only works one time though.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
They don't check your toolbox on the way in. Lol. I was pulling coil spring seats out of an F-150 last year and brought a propane torch with me in the bottom of the box. Without it I was never getting the nuts in the bottom of the coils out. Played stupid and said I wouldn't do it again. Only works one time though.
Years ago I got wounded pretty bad in this yard and I've been on my best behavior ever since.

PursuitSpecial

Reaction score
Ugh, a new york car, and an early model f body too. Even the engine is rusted, that's why I don't worry about a little valve cover leak, keeps the motor preserved. My grandpa was a huge fan of the slant six f bodies, he had a fleet of them he ran the mail with from 77 until the mid 90s. He special ordered them with the police package and they lasted incredibly well in severe service, he'd get several hundred thousand miles out of the running gear but the early 77s rusted apart in a few years even here in NC. He only kept 2 of his mail cars after he retired, a 77 volare and my 80 Aspen he used for personal driving, the volare's odometer has rolled over 3 times judging by the registration cards but he stopped driving it because the fenders were already falling off of it in the 80s. I still keep it around for parts, the body is shot but it has some great hard to find stuff on it

PSX_20240208_024259.jpg

PSX_20240208_024237.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back