1978 CORBOBA CLOCK

1962TBIRD

Reaction score
Hello: Would anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1978 Cordoba Chronometer digital clock? I am installing one in a 76 cordoba that had the earlier mechanical clock. I have a proper replacement finish panel with the additional opening. I also have a wiring harness. The old clock had a three prong connected. Newer clock has five. Just need to know where everything goes. Any help from the group would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I looked at the 1979 wire diagram (electronic clock) but it'd be tough to post. You have to look at half a dozen pages for the whole circuit.

I could follow the circuits and give you an idea of what each goes to, if you want.

What harness do you have? The clock jumper harness you mean?

1962TBIRD

Reaction score
ASPEN500: Many thanks for the reply. The harness I have is the clock jumper harness. I am attaching photos of the clock and harness. It was suggested to me that the reason the old clock had the three prong connector is because that clock did not require an “ignition switch off” connection. The connection to the old clock was always hot. The extra two leads are likely the switch leads would need to be connected to a switched twelve volt connection in the dash. If that is true, the question is with the other three leads- maybe the same connection as the already in place three lead connecting harness now in the car? Also, what would be the proper place for the switch connection? Any advice would be most appreciated. Photos are attached. Thank you.

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Later today I can trace the wires. I'm 98% sure the 3 pin is the same between mechanical and electronic.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I've tested them before from the wiring diagram in the manual but don't know off hand what the wires are.

I would guess that you're right that 3 wires should do the same thing as the old clock and one to turn the display on and off with ignition.

1962TBIRD

Reaction score
ASPEN500: Thank you. When checking the diagram, can you tell me if is there is a reference to a “clock reset switch” (part #374501). I have that if needed.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sorry, haven't had a chance to look yet.

I remember seeing in one of the diagrams a reset switch in the glove box. It was in the clock ckt for cars with search tune radio. No idea what the switch resets though.

Should have a chance to decipher the diagrams this evening.

Aspen500

Reaction score
OK, sort of figured it out. Guess the switch is for clocks without set buttons, and would have another harness (3 pin) coming out of the clock.

Hopefully this will help at least a bit.

Red is constant power from fuse 7, 20 amp

Orange, goes to fuse 7, 4 amp which is powered from headlamp switch terminal "I" (tan wire).

Black is ground. Factory grd is on the panel reinforcement.

Yellow/black ends up at headlamp switch terminal "R". At the switch, the wire is black/yellow.

Dark blue is ignition switch run power through fuse 13, 5 amp.

1962TBIRD

Reaction score
ASPEN500: Thank you much. You have gone above and beyond in helping me on this. I really appreciate it.

Back