1979 Plymouth Volare Duster

Status
Not open for further replies.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Contact seller
Ok fellas I bought a 79 Duster a few days ago sight unseen, but then last night I got to check her out. I do not have any pictures yet as it was dark and there was a huuuge snakeskin in the front floorboard but I did get a look at some stuff.

No motor or transmission...

The car has the Red interior with the plaid center inserts in the seats. It is a column shift car but does have a good red buddy seat. Dash pad is toast, door panels are good with a couple small places in em. Headliner is great but I am keeping it lol. looks like the rear panels are ok.

Doors look good, hood is good, bumpers are good, glass is all good except the windshield.

Right front fender is good I believe.

Car was an AC car so the dash is AC, has a silver bezel.

The car is sitting in the dirt up to the rockers so I am assuming the frame is junk.

I am gonna go get it tomorrow and I will wash it off and post pics. I am gonna then decide whether or not to part it or sell it whole, It did come with a clear OH title.

Any interest? Either way it goes it will be on here....I bought it to make a few bucks and get a few spare parts for myself.

-Kenny

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
4 factory magnum 500 wheels on it too but they look like shit lol. I reckon they could be restored.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Car is pretty dang rough. This one came with the front framerail delete option, and I mean the sucker is non existent on the passenger side. I will sell anything off the car except the headliner and the hood.

Some good parts I have found on the car so far....

-complete bumper jack
-silver AC dash bezel in good shape
-digital chronometer
-red buddy seat
-front bucket cores, the drivers one is ripped up
-front bumper, rear one is trashed
-taillights and the taillight panel
-door panels are good except 1 hole in the drivers side one
-right front fender
-both doors
-deck lid
-window trim is straight but it is faded and dirty
-large quarter windows

-anything else just ask

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_4607.jpg

IMG_0143 (2).jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_4607.jpg

IMG_0143 (2).jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Like the empty beer bottle (or is that a hood prop bar) in the leaves? Still though, depending on what it cost you (purchase? and get it home) you should be able to get some useable parts off it and be fair on the prices.. The rims look OK from your pics and they look like they are holding air. Any huge bends or gouges? 14 inchers, most likely. Hows the glass? Should be a fun taredown.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Like the empty beer bottle (or is that a hood prop bar) in the leaves? Still though, depending on what it cost you (purchase? and get it home) you should be able to get some useable parts off it and be fair on the prices.. The rims look OK from your pics and they look like they are holding air. Any huge bends or gouges? 14 inchers, most likely. Hows the glass? Should be a fun taredown.

lol glass is all good except the windshield. The beer is out of date and there was one on each side so yes prolly hood prop rod lol. The rims are pretty good and I have 8 of them, 14" with centers and rings for 4.

I have $430 in this thing delivered and I got a near perfect hood which I was wanting as a spare for mine, and my old man needed the headliner. I will be VERY fair on prices...

-Kenny

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Also note the big ass snake skin in the drivers front floor pan. There is another one in the trunk, those were pretty awesome finds Thursday night when I went to look at it...

slant6billy

Reaction score
AKA "The Snake Duster" I thought that might had been a really cool steering wheel cover (snakeskin cover). So the snakes were free- nice.

What rear does it have... hopefully 8 1/4?

slant6billy

Reaction score
Sounds like it is still a good find. Just imagine mice started to have a party and a few snakes crashed it in that duster. Always had respect for snakes that way.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
picture of lower pass side fender support bar,and may be intristed in the window roll up parts riveted to the door skin under door panel,also how r the corner lights

got any eng shots or i would also not mind a pic of the seat buckles on the front seats

sent to 95501 cali​

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
picture of lower pass side fender support bar,and may be intristed in the window roll up parts riveted to the door skin under door panel,also how r the corner lights

got any eng shots or i would also not mind a pic of the seat buckles on the front seats

sent to 95501 cali​

Corner lights are all 4 broke. I will look at the other stuff for ya..

-Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back