1980 Cordoba rear bumper filler

80CordobaLS

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone is aware how fragile these things are now. That plastic portion that covers the gap between the rear bumper and the body/tail lights. The right section on my '80 LS has basically disintegrated - if you look at them too hard they'll disintegrate.

Does anyone make a reproduction or is there something that can be fitted with some work?

PS I'm somewhat lucky in that my left rear fender extension is perfect, but the right one has a small chunk broken off but glued back together. I see that these are almost impossible to replace.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Beware of Repulsive-Plastics inferior quality and NO customer service after the sale…..
They DEFINITELY need work to fit/ be usable!

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I wonder, in my ignorance, if it would be easier to carefully remove it, cover the back with a thick layer of epoxy or fiberglass mat to stiffen it up and then work out the damage with skim coat.

Because these aftermarket ones look like poop

1982 Cordoba rear fender extensions?

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'd refurb what I had.
I used to make & sell fiberglass bumper covers, hoods, airdams, etc for 70-94 trucks.
Til folks aged out of wanting them, chinese knockoffs saturated the market, and kids want to bling the inside instead of the outside of vehicles.
The absolute worst was parts from Mexico that were knock offs of our parts.
We spent significant time making the master for the molds so that the molds would create a part with the correct tolerance and fit. Last thing I wanted to do was get a return request or spend an hour on the phone explaining how to tweak a part to fit.

I swear that most of the Mexican molds must have been made on Friday afternoons well after the beer started to flow.
JW

80CordobaLS

Reaction score
I wonder, in my ignorance, if it would be easier to carefully remove it, cover the back with a thick layer of epoxy or fiberglass mat to stiffen it up and then work out the damage with skim coat.

Because these aftermarket ones look like poop

1982 Cordoba rear fender extensions?
I can try to do that with the left side bumper filler because it is still intact. Same with the center portion. But the right side is basically a couple of handfuls of gravel.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I can try to do that with the left side bumper filler because it is still intact. Same with the center portion. But the right side is basically a couple of handfuls of gravel.
It's probably worth the moment or two to reach out to these guys (website certificate expired though)

https://www.amsnos.com/

their ebay store is loaded with Cordoba parts
cordoba | eBay

they might have something buried somewhere on a shelf. Won't know unless you try.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Experience speaking here... What 80LS says is a great option. I purchased the repops, gave them to my body guy, and he declined. Instead, he used fiberglass and body filler to fix what was left of my old ones. The final result was awesome -- and not really that much work. My body guy did it without taking the existing units off. If you still have most of your extensions intact, this is a great option.

Back