1980 LeBaron Coupe Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

80lebaron

Reaction score
Contact seller
FYI - More pics and lower price on my LeBaron: $1600 or best offer !

Please see original post for additional information...thanks.

101_1700.jpg

101_1701.jpg

101_1702.jpg

Last edited:

80lebaron

Reaction score
An Ebay story for all who may be considering selling.

I have listed my LeBaron on EBAY multiple times. Each unsucessful listing was followed by another at a lower price. Finally, I dropped it to $999 trying to get someone to bid. There were many "watchers" on previous price points but no takers. On the last day of the auction, someone bid on it for $999 and I thought maybe now I will see some serious bidding. Quite the opposite actually because the winning bidder turned out to be a deadbeat. No contact, no response, and no payment. Plenty of e-mails for more pictures, etc. but no other takers. As for Ebay, all they offer is to refund the insertion fee with the thought that I might list it again and they can make money off the transaction. As a seller, I can't even leave negative feedback against a deadbeat.

As I mentioned when I first listed my car on this website, I hope to find someone to appreciate it. Since then, I picked up a 1994 Dodge Shadow that I am working on for commuting. Hey, at least it's a MOPAR. If anyone is interested in the LeBaron for $1000 let me know, otherwise I will try Craigslist.

LeBaron 002.jpg

LeBaron 001.jpg

LeBaron 003.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My wife is looking for a car and that one would be perfect.
I'd love to take it off your hands.
My only problem is how to get it up here.

80lebaron

Reaction score
RE: Springsteen territory

I guess that's better than Snookie territory!

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I have listed my LeBaron on EBAY multiple times. Each unsucessful listing was followed by another at a lower price. Finally, I dropped it to $999 trying to get someone to bid. There were many "watchers" on previous price points but no takers. On the last day of the auction, someone bid on it for $999 and I thought maybe now I will see some serious bidding. Quite the opposite actually because the winning bidder turned out to be a deadbeat. No contact, no response, and no payment. Plenty of e-mails for more pictures, etc. but no other takers. As for Ebay, all they offer is to refund the insertion fee with the thought that I might list it again and they can make money off the transaction. As a seller, I can't even leave negative feedback against a deadbeat.

As I mentioned when I first listed my car on this website, I hope to find someone to appreciate it. Since then, I picked up a 1994 Dodge Shadow that I am working on for commuting. Hey, at least it's a MOPAR. If anyone is interested in the LeBaron for $1000 let me know, otherwise I will try Craigslist.
That's eggbay for ya.. :puke:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I need a border connection.
There's a lot of very cool M's in the States.
Not alot going on up here.
Wish I could get that thing up here.
I'd snag it.

80lebaron

Reaction score
If I had time, I'd drive it to Canada. Been doing a family tree research project for years and not much progress. My ancestors were from Guelph and I hope to get up there some day to poke around in the public records.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I can tow it to Michigan.

WOW! That's amazing of you to offer.
One problem I have is I've never bothered to get a passport.
The other is I still haven't even showed this car to my wife yet.
I'll start working on it but definitely
Don't be waiting for me.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Yeah, I got to make the trip anyway but wouldnt charge any more than gas money. this way we all get a little help out of the deal.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks a million for the offer.
Don't know if it's gonna happen on my end.
Like I said. Don't want anyone waiting on me.
It's all VERY up in the air.
IF I manage to put it together, I'll let everyone know.
But odds aren't good at the moment.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I need a border connection.
There's a lot of very cool M's in the States.
Not alot going on up here.
Wish I could get that thing up here.
I'd snag it.

IDK how the border patrol/taxes are monitored, but I could pick you up in Mich and drop you off in NJ. Bring license plates with you and drive her home.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
IDK how the border patrol/taxes are monitored, but I could pick you up in Mich and drop you off in NJ. Bring license plates with you and drive her home.

Well...
First off, I gotta thank you for the hospitality.
Mighty kind of you.
Unfortunately after doing some investigating it is a bit of a sh*tshow to pull this together.
Apparently I have to send a copy of the ownership to the border 3 days before I get there with the car, then pay the taxes on it, let them tear it apart (in case I have any T.M.D.'s (twinkies of mass destruction) with me.
Not to mention the fact that I'd basically have to spend 3 days in Jersey after I buy it to make sure border patrol has processed the car AND drive 10 hours back to Toronto.
On top of all of that.. The Ontario government won't give me plates unless I show up with the ownership, appraisal, safety and insurance so that rules out bringing plates and driving it home.
I think you get the idea... Sh*tshow!

Just the same, like I said..
Thanks very much for your offer.. I do really appreciate it.
If your ever gonna be in T.O. let me know..
The beer's on me. :icon_pidu:

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
:icon_pidu: Im in the same boat as you.
I got one Dodge Mirada registered and insured but swap plates to the other Mirada's without the authorities knowing this. Although it's public knowledge now. LMAO

When they outlaw hot rods, only outlaws will have hot rods.:icon_pidu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back