1980 LeBaron Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

80lebaron

Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for consideration is a 1980 LeBaron Coupe. Financially, I cannot afford the upkeep and restoration it deserves and that is the only reason I am selling. It is currently my daily driver and it is as reliable as any car I've ever owned. But gas prices are creeping up here in the North East and by summer and could reach 5 dollars. Again, not budget friendly. Hopefully there is someone on this site who will fully appreciate it.

Cutting to the chase, the car is all original: slant 6, automatic, working AM radio with single speaker, no air and never had air to begin with, crank windows, cloth seats. The odometer says 76k and I believe it is accurate. It had been sitting for a while so I installed new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Next the carb was cleaned and timing set to factory specs. New air filter, muffler and tail pipe also. Passed NJ emission test in December 2011 and inspection is good for two years.

The body and trim is in good shape. Paint still shines but there are surface rust spots in crevacies where moisture collects. A few dings but no major collision damage. The entire car was undercoated with a tar-like substance so there is no rot on the quarters or floor/trunk. Rocker panel trim is missing but I have the clips if you can find replacements. Inside the car is just as good, no rips or burns, no cracks in the vinyl. The fabric is faded in spots but it still looks presentable.

Now, here are the negative aspects: the headliner is gone but the fiberglass shell is still there and in great shape. The windshield wipers work off of a toggle switch that one of the previous owners had installed. The turn signal wand still powers the washer but not the wipers. Even after the tune up, the idle is still slightly rough. Could be time for a valve adjustment or a carb rebuild. None of these issues have effected the driveability of the car and I had planned to fix each one as time and money became available. At this point, I am selling the car as is.

The hardest part of listing this car is trying to determine a fair asking price. I am in no rush to sell it but the sooner the better so that I can move on to something more economical. These 2 door M bodies are rare and Craigslist/Ebay have little to offer as far as past sales history. With that in mind, I am going to start at $3800 and hope for honest offers.

I will add details as they come to mind and I will answer questions as quickly as possible. The LeBaron is located in central New Jersey (08724).

LeBaron 001.jpg

LeBaron 002.jpg

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Dude,
I'm about 30 minutes south of you. In the fall of 2010 a silver 81 lebaron went for 3500 with some similar issues with higher miles and missing trim. So you are probably good at that asking price, but if someone throws you cash over 2500- you might want to move on it. A 79 RT in Glassboro went for 3200 with some mild rust issues last year. A good grille and complete car with a V8 - though. Good luck my friend.

80lebaron

Reaction score
REALITY CHECK: PRICE REDUCTION ON 80 LeBaron

I could not figure out how to update my original listing so I am posting this for all who may be interested. After researching value of my LeBaron, I am reducing the price to $2800. Still using the car daily but trying to keep it at a minimum. There is still some flexibility but nothing crazy. Feel free to make an offer.

Last edited:

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posts can only be edited for a few days.. After that you make a new post just like you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back