1983 Cirdiba ub kicak Pick and Pull

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Hi,

The local pick and Pull got a 1983 Cordoba in. It has the typical rust hole in the trunk (left side/driver;s side). it is a power window and power lock car, 318 with all the Lean burn stuff on it. I already took the passenger side remote mirror and mechanism for use on my Mirada. I just wanted to let folks know that the rear fender extensions are both there and are intact; in fact, they seem to be quire flexible (i can squeeze them my hand). If anybody woudl like them, please let me know. It also has a numbee of other parts that people might find usable, so if you want something, I may be able to get it. The car is a light tan/gold inside and out, but the dash and carpet is black.

Kostas

Buck Atwater

Reaction score
If the wheel well mouldings are decent I'd be interested. Also the rear bumper if it's nice

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
shoot me a price on the 1/4 extensions. I'll take those if not too much, thanks. The dash is Black? never saw a black one!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Sorry for the garbled title, i was using an iPhone without my reading glasses. What I can do is get some pictures of the rear fender extensions, and the rear bumper, and post them, probably on Saturday. Weather was great today, so the lot was pretty muddy. Its going to get colder here, so lot will be icy, but it will probably keep some people away. I'll alto take an interior shot of the black dash/carpet.

Kostas

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Here are the pictures for the 1983 Cordoba at the Pick and Place.
cordoba1.jpg
View attachment 3691
Cordoba8.jpg
Cordoba7.jpg
Cordoba6.jpg
Cordoba5.jpg

JasperJacko is right, by the way. The dash/carpet is dark brown, not black. After visiting today, I am going to get the two doors for myself. THe ones that are on my Mirada seem to be in much worse shape, and the hinges in the Mirada are shot. Does anybody know if the outside door skins are the same shape? I think the chrome lower door trim on these doors and my Mirada's are different, but think they will interchange.

I also found a 5th Avenue, if anybody has an interest in parts for that car. I can post the pictures or send them to anybody who may have an interest.

Kostas

cordoba1.jpg

cordoba2.jpg

cordoba3.jpg

cordoba4.jpg

Cordoba5.jpg

Cordoba6.jpg

Cordoba7.jpg

Cordoba8.jpg

Last edited:

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
The Mirada and Cordoba doors are the same.
The Cordoba has "tits" welded onto the skin that locate plastic retainers that hold the chrome trim.
They can be ground off easily.

These clips are visible on the rear quarter panel.

Last edited:

Buck Atwater

Reaction score
Is that just dirt and crud on the rear bumper or is it starting to rust along the bottom edge?
It looks like it would clean up decent though.

Would you be willing to pull and ship it to Newfoundland?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Didn't look closely at it, so I will have to see.

The weight and size of the bumper is going to make shipping very, very expensive. I can probably get the bumper off, but shipping will be your concern. I don't think Fed-Ex or UPS will ship this, and I know for sure that Canada Post won't.

Kostas

Buck Atwater

Reaction score
Maybe not canada post no but I don't think it would be too bad, maybe $100? I want a nice one though if I'm going to ship one in, mine is decent but has small rust spots along the top.

Do you have a rough idea of what they charge for a bumper there?

Pete

Reaction score
I would love the quarter extensions! That car looks exactly like one that was in a yard in Detroit in december . I got the tilt column for my sons Mirada out of that car . I went back to get the front end pieces and the car was crushed . i have the fiberglass extensions , not a good quality. id rather find some mint factory ones and install them.

CMX360

Reaction score
How was the wood grain bezel around the radio/heater control? Looks like its on the floor.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
CMX360:

That was on the floor the fist time I saw the car. We are supposed to go back to ger thr doors and the other parts tomorrow. If you want me to take some pictures of it, I can do that.

CMX360

Reaction score
Please do. Looks like someone smashed the other piece around the gauges so maybe its junk but just in case. Thanks.

Back