2 groove power steering pulleys?

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Since a genius previous owner deleted the smog pump, the water pump has been driven by a single belt. I'd like to run it with 2 belts.

My question is, will any old 2 groove Saginaw power steering pulley fit? Or is this something mopar specific/a giant headache?
20230831_105837.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Usually there's only multiple belts at the water pump if it's driving another accessory its not something that's required. Between getting another pulley and doing the work to change it, getting it lined up properly and having to deal with a matched pair of belts that's not always easy to find it's not worth it. Even HD applications typically only use a single water pump belt.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Usually there's only multiple belts at the water pump if it's driving another accessory its not something that's required. Between getting another pulley and doing the work to change it, getting it lined up properly and having to deal with a matched pair of belts that's not always easy to find it's not worth it. Even HD applications typically only use a single water pump belt.
I like this answer even better. Thanks!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Big block with air uses an aux belt with an idler pulley, along with the p.s. belt to run the water pump. The p.s. belt only has about 1/4 wrap contact on the wp pulley so the aux belt is needed. Of course there's a pair of matched belts for the compressor and alternator. Belts everywhere, lol.

Back