360 What do you think?

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought a 360 out of the USA all on a guys say so, seemed to be a genuine guy. When I had the sump off to replace the rear main it looks all good inside, he said when he bought the car it was supposed to have not long rebuilt, seems to look that way. So I have an unknown engine combo all I can say is he said he hauled butt in his 72 charger!

I have taken a sound recording of it idling, second time its been fired, what's your thoughs on the cam, does it have a cam?

sorry having trouble getting my audio clip up

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well yeah it has a cam. Wouldn't run otherwise:D
Just messing with you.
Sounds like a stock 360 cam. Of course, just because it idles smooth doesn't mean it's got a more aggressive than stock cam. Really hard to tell.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Sounds lumpy to me!! My stock 318 ran smooth this thing has a bit of a lope to it, when do you know if you require a stall converter?

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Had a couple issues to sort, was leaking water now that's sorted, was leaking oil out the 90 degree adapter, now that's fixed and header was leaking which ended up being the right side was fowling on the engine to trans brace so that's gone now and headers seal. So now we are in business, can't drive yet as it still has the 7.25" rear end, the wheel alignment is up the wazoo as I did top A arms with ff ones and all new tie rods and ball joints. Need to adjust it's 2 inch out on the toe hmmmmm and on top of that its road worthy certificate has expired.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Details - edelbrock performer intake, holley 600cfm carb, Mopar oange box ignition, when I took oil pan off has high volume oil pump, 30 over pistons, double roller timing chain. Heads have valve springs with dampeners, nice retainers as well. Cam is unknown and compression ratio unknown. The fun of buying someone else's project :)

Back