383, A sense of direction

Camtron

Reaction score
My coworker brought me back some overproof rum from Jamaica.
Drank enough to make the best bad decision I’ve made in awhile.
Hell or high water, I will build a 496 stroker.

30C371A6-094E-45EC-9354-70DBC2A296DE.jpeg

Duke5A

Reaction score
Sounds like you're one bottle of rum away from ordering a rotating assembly. Lol

Camtron

Reaction score
You ever get squared away with frame ties?
I have a set I started making in the garage. Just need to get the time and energy to finish them up and get them burned into the car.

Camtron

Reaction score
Now that’s service. My only regret is not ordering their 1.6 roller rockers at the same time, lol.
Oh well. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

53CE5478-DC0A-4E6C-A85B-13C54B521FD2.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
Shit just got real. lol

Which kit?
Oh no, that’s just the shipping confirmation for my heads.
I’m emailing with them at the moment, making sure I get the right parts Combo together in the long run so, I don’t have any remorse once this engine is finally going together.
One of the big hurdles I have is finding a engine builder. Most shops around here are modern tuner/import build or brand X build focused; so in the long run, there’s a possibility of just paying extra to ship everything out to someone reputable in building Mopars.

...we’ll see, I got plenty of time.

Camtron

Reaction score
For the time being, I think one of the next big steps in all this is, upgrading my brakes. Think one of these weekends, I need to go look at some Chevys in the junkyard and grab the hydro brake system to see what would have to happen for the conversion to work out. A nice wilwood set up would be pretty nifty with bias adjustments, ect... but I think grabbing everything off a early 2000’ Chevy will be a good starting point.

Aspen500

Reaction score
If you still want nice adjustable rockers, PRW's are nice but I see the price has gone up a couple hundred bucks since I bought mine 12 years ago. I've got them on my engine. They're stainless steel, roller tip with bronze bushings (even though it says needle bearing in the description) and hardened shafts. Require pushrods with oil holes but most roller rockers probably do anyway(?) They also have 1.6 ratio. Just an idea.

3244011 - Big Block Mopar 383-440, 1.5 Ratio, Complete Kit

I'm happy with the 440 Source stroker kit. Almost hated to put the crank and rods in an engine vs hang them on the wall as art, lol.

Camtron

Reaction score
If you still want nice adjustable rockers, PRW's are nice but I see the price has gone up a couple hundred bucks since I bought mine 12 years ago. I've got them on my engine. They're stainless steel, roller tip with bronze bushings (even though it says needle bearing in the description) and hardened shafts. Require pushrods with oil holes but most roller rockers probably do anyway(?) They also have 1.6 ratio. Just an idea.

3244011 - Big Block Mopar 383-440, 1.5 Ratio, Complete Kit

I'm happy with the 440 Source stroker kit. Almost hated to put the crank and rods in an engine vs hang them on the wall as art, lol.
those aren’t bad at all. I don’t think the price is far off from 440Source since they sell all the hold* downs, spacers and shims separately. Maybe those will be the winner.

Last edited:

Duke5A

Reaction score
For the time being, I think one of the next big steps in all this is, upgrading my brakes. Think one of these weekends, I need to go look at some Chevys in the junkyard and grab the hydro brake system to see what would have to happen for the conversion to work out. A nice wilwood set up would be pretty nifty with bias adjustments, ect... but I think grabbing everything off a early 2000’ Chevy will be a good starting point.

Keep us updated on what you end up doing. Hydroboost is one of the things I would like to do. Stupid vacuum booster needs to go.

Camtron

Reaction score
Keep us updated on what you end up doing. Hydroboost is one of the things I would like to do. Stupid vacuum booster needs to go.
Will do.
I’m about 2 years overdue on replacing the brake lines in general so, figure when I have the engine out to do the 5.9 magnum swap in the coming weeks, I can take care of all the brake lines; nice and easy like.

Aspen500

Reaction score
those aren’t bad at all. I don’t think the price is far off from 440Source since they sell all the hold* downs, spacers and shims separately. Maybe those will be the winner.
I had never heard of PRW before but, a person who is a member here recommended them and, it was an excellent recommendation.

Camtron

Reaction score
Man, I’m super anxious to get my hands on these heads.
Their still a ways away from going on a engine, but it’s like waiting for newborn twins to come home...I think this maybe the second happiest day of my life.

DC2D52FB-37DD-4473-9232-839A0DF7E92A.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
Don't you just love shiny new parts?
I may build a couple shelves to put them up on the wall till the time comes put them on the engine, lol.
...I do* have a open spot on the fireplace mantle.

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a serious 410 forged stroker combo waiting for me to assemble. I call it my man jewelry.

Camtron

Reaction score
trying to talk myself into ordering some parts from, Cope Racing Transmissions. Particularly a High Performance rebuild kit, billet low/reverse servo and a pro street automatic valve body assembly.
Want to put together a bomb proof small block trans. Something that I can use behind the Magnum swap; and behind the future BB stroker.

Figure it should be easy enough with, John Copes help.

Back