4 barrell slant6

slant6billy

Reaction score
Saw a Valiant last night with a really radical intake and headers. The 4 barrel was clear over on the driverside fender. Much like ram horn intake. My slant had a 2 bbl factory. I added a few 4 bbl spacers and 1 2 to 4 adapter- cheapman's way.
Other than Offenhauser's 4bbl intake, I am getting a dead end on info.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks man. You are right over the Delaware Memorial bridge from the event I was at. It was the Vineland / Landis Ave Cruise night. When the entire main strip of the city of Vineland shuts down for a car event, it is BIG. No F,M or J, but plenty of Mopar. Cudas, Roadrunners, General Lee Chargers. Plus late 50 Plymouth Wagons with odd V8s- 413, and some type of copper/ gold engine with twin 4bbls. New stuff too. The Valiant was rough, but that manifold was right out of the link you posted. I chatted with the guy. The runs are not impressive, but he ain't done with the car. Plenty of Valiants all of a sudden on the scene with small blocks and a few bigblocks. I miss my dad's 69 Valiant with the 4bbl on the 170- was completely fabbed by him from sketches on isometric paper. The fact that dusters, darts and Valiants are becoming and have become "cool" the "in thing", I suspect F,M, & Js are going to explode on the scene everywhere.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Yep, the Hyper Pack manifold. A friend of mine has one in his 76 Feather Duster. Like the article said its a peaky engine, almost like a small DOHC 4cyl engine or small V8's with a lot of cam.

Back