77 Aspen on For A Bodies $2800

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Roller, but a beautiful car
[FOR SALE] - 1977 DODGE ASPEN w/ 8 3/4 & Cal-Tracs - "ROLLER" $2800-
1845177-964c984e8f7bc3be501954986e152901.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Is this located in a certain area, region, state or country? Could make a difference if I’m interested.
I believe Florida, but you'd have to check with the seller on A bodies

The location in the ad says Florida, the link is above the picture

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Must be a vacuum here.

Some cars seem to have a rough time selling and for some reason this is one. Mainly the sellers monetary expectations were not met.

TWO runs on here FMJ in the past two years and selling parts off as it goes and even the org. seats.

Ive seen it run on ebay a few times in the last 10 years, no sale.

Hope it finds a good home before it returns to the earth. Cant expect much when a car is left outdoors in humid salty Florida for 10 years.

FOR SALE - 1977 DODGE ASPEN "ROLLER" (w/TITLE)

FOR SALE - '77 ASPEN ROLLER

SOLD - '77 ASPEN BUCKET SEATS FOR SALE

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Must be a vacuum here.

Some cars seem to have a rough time selling and for some reason this is one. Mainly the sellers monetary expectations were not met.

TWO runs on here FMJ in the past two years and selling parts off as it goes and even the org. seats.

Ive seen it run on ebay a few times in the last 10 years, no sale.

Hope it finds a good home before it returns to the earth. Cant expect much when a car is left outdoors in humid salty Florida for 10 years.

FOR SALE - 1977 DODGE ASPEN "ROLLER" (w/TITLE)

FOR SALE - '77 ASPEN ROLLER

SOLD - '77 ASPEN BUCKET SEATS FOR SALE
Price has come way down. It's a shame it's still out there though

fastpen

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of mis-information regarding my Aspen appearing in this thread.

Please allow me to clarify.

First, I've owned this car for over 12 years and have NEVER had it listed or advertised on E_BAY during the time I've owned it.

Second, the seats that I sold were from another F body and not the original seats for this car.
This car has not had or ever been posted as having a complete original interior.

Third, we are in the central part of the state, so salt air etc. is not an issue. It's covered and parked under a carport, which is my best option for maintaining the integrity of the car at the present time.

Fourth, the reason that the car appears in two FMJ ads is that I let the original ad "time" out by mistake and then subsequently created the revised ad.

Glad to see that my FABO ad at least generated some chatter. My thanks to Duke_5A for his suggestions regarding creating a FABO ad for the car.

Thank you all for looking.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I apologize if I posted incorrectly. Maybe prior owner had it on ebay? Many folks outside of Florida wont buy cars from there due to the humid environment. Ever hear someone in Florida say "But its a dry heat" NOPE. And lets be real maybe you dont have the salt fog but your surrounded on three sides by salt water. Maybe people that live there dont see it as a consideration but some do.

I do hope ya sell the car, cars priced right sell no matter where they are listed.

But we do see this often, cars that drag on for sale on and on do so for a reason and most the time its simply the asking price is too high. Were talking a semi neglected low value roller here not some cream puff.

I just read over the ads I posted the links to above and folks can glean from them what they will. Maybe your trying too hard to sell the car. But again I do hope you sell it.

Dude, your killing me... its been on FABO for 40 days and no sale. Whats that indicate? No sale from here and 40 days on a extremely large site with 10s of thousands of members. Get real.

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
fastpen --
thank you for the clarification. It is beautiful eye candy -- just needs the right owner to bring it to life.
JW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Not all Florida is bad it depends on location. I wouldnt think it's the type of car a lot of people would be interested in especially if there's shipping involved and not being local to check it out to confirm condition so I'm not surprised it hasn't sold on fabo. It probably needs to be on Craigslist or Facebook or eBay to get more attention.

Back