78 volare 2 speed delay wipers issue?

volare 1977

Reaction score
Wipers were not working. Found broken plastic cam assembly. I replaced it with the reproduction cam piece sold on ebay. The wipers work now and park when turned off. But when it is switched to delay/ intermittent it only travels partially down and stops up on the glass while wiping. It is not traveling the full sweep of the glass. I never had a car with the delay before. Any ideas?

greyghost

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm not much help there, Volare but my problem is just the opposite on my '79 LeBaron. If I set them on delay they work fine but if I have them set on low or high and shut them off, they do not park! They are vertical on the glass! I have a '79 300 (Cordoba) that I bought as a drive line parts car and I thought I would try and swap out the wiper switch but the LeBaron's lever has an offset bent into it whereas the Cordoba switch does not. The switch body itself appears to be the same so I thought I could switch levers by driving out the roll pin that the lever pivots on but once I pulled out both levers, I think that ended it! When the lever is pulled out, I believe a small tang on the end of the lever was plugged into a spring loaded part that switched on the windshield washer. With the lever out the spring loaded part went to a position that is pretty much impossible to get the tang back into it again! ‍♂️

Last edited:

greyghost

Reaction score
Which brings me to my next conundrum! Anyone know where I can get windshield wiper/washer switch for a '79 LeBaron? There are a few on ebay but I think the sellers are holding them for ransom! The cheapest one I seen would be around $50 after shipping and tax!! I think the Mopar part number is 3747442. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Back