'79 Aspen parts car in Chi-town

LSM360

Reaction score
1979 Dodge Aspen for sale - Waukegan, IL - craigslist

00o0o_cDvHmcaeYw1_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
The grille is the only thing with any value.

@Camtron could buy it for $500, sell the grille and scrap the rest and come out ahead

LSM360

Reaction score
I tried to see if grille was good but it's hard to tell. Looks like right side could have damage. Bumpers might be good too. I think the price would have to come down a bit but some in need of a drivetrain and other various parts could do good at maybe $1000.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I looked at the pics from the dealer and yes, the grille is broken on the right side. Of course it is.....

The underside pics are rough. It'd need a lot of rust repair, more than it's worth in this case.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It mentions rusted frame in the ad. Price seems a bit high but looks like most of the interior, bumpers, lights, trim etc is pretty decent and based on ads for individual parts that have been posted here it would pay off buying it for just a few parts.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
It mentions rusted frame in the ad. Price seems a bit high but looks like most of the interior, bumpers, lights, trim etc is pretty decent and based on ads for individual parts that have been posted here it would pay off buying it for just a few parts.
I hate to say this, but the problem is that it's a small market. If someone bought it for parts at the price they're asking, it could take a long time to turn a profit. If you factor in the time it would take to break it up for parts, it would take even longer to make money.

I've scored a lot of deals because people are just happy to see stuff go to someone who will use it.

What's the average age of a vintage mopar enthusiast? Then what fraction of that is into FMJ's?

It's not just mopars. It's the car hobby in general. The age is skewing older and older. Now with electric cars, pretty soon it'll turn into stamp collecting. Too many younger people would rather rot their brains with video games than bust knuckles on a car

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I hate to say this, but the problem is that it's a small market. If someone bought it for parts at the price they're asking, it could take a long time to turn a profit. If you factor in the time it would take to break it up for parts, it would take even longer to make money.

I've scored a lot of deals because people are just happy to see stuff go to someone who will use it.

What's the average age of a vintage mopar enthusiast? Then what fraction of that is into FMJ's?

It's not just mopars. It's the car hobby in general. The age is skewing older and older. Now with electric cars, pretty soon it'll turn into stamp collecting. Too many younger people would rather rot their brains with video games than bust knuckles on a car

Like I said price seems high but you've posted a lot of parts usually at high prices themselves and like you always say when I point it out someome only has to make an offer. It's not worth it to buy a car at more then scrap value to part out but it has tons of good stuff for someone looking for a parts car and wants to make some extra selling the stuff they don't need.

Our cars are going to go higher in value before they drop and it's going to be a long time before electric cars make an impact on price. You'll probably find a lot of FMJ owners are younger then the ones buying the older more collectible cars.

Back