80 Wagon to 79 Coupe Rear Bumper, Compatible??

David Clark

Reaction score
Is the Rear Bumper on a 80 Aspen Wagon Compatible or interchangeable with a 79 Coupe Rear Bumper??

Anyone Know?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Assuming the '80 wagon has the same rear bumper as a '79 wagon, it looks like they will inerchange. What I mean is, the 1979 parts catalog only lists one rear bumper for all Aspen/Volare models. Only difference is with or without nerf strips.

Mr C

Reaction score
I thought that part of the 1980 F body restyle they went with M body bumpers...which means that it should be like a 5th Ave.

Mr C

Reaction score
They look like M body bumpers to me...albeit without the rub strip.

They will fit...just not correct for a 79.

1980_Plymouth_Volare_Duster.JPG
plymouth-volare-1980-7.jpg

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, Right now I have no Bumper at all so anything is better than nothing LOL. Guy I got it from his brother pulled it by the bumper with a Tractor and ripped it right off. Damn thing is rusted all the hell anyway and has Skylights in it too.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Oh David. You know I have an extra bumper. Shouldn't cost more than 300 to ship it. Lol
--- Post updated ---
Too wide. Too heavy. It would probably take them a month to get it to you

David Clark

Reaction score
And back and forth to Sioux Falls and Rapid City a good 12 or 13 times just for good luck LOL

Justwondering

Reaction score
maybe I should use my torch and cut it in half to make the shipping cheaper. You can just weld it back again when you get it. Give it that frankenstein look.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Actually, when I got my bumper cores from Jim I don't think it was a HUGE amount for shipping from Arizona to Wisconsin.

Yesterday I looked at photo's of a couple 1980 Aspens quick, and looked like they had the same bumpers as a '78/'79 BUT I suppose they don't necessarily have the original (correct '80) bumpers on them. My bad................

David Clark

Reaction score
Hard to say, I'm not really worried about "Correctness" at this stage in the game, just wanna try and get one that "Fits" LOL.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
It might fit IF you get all the substructure and mounting brackets. I believe the bolt spacing on the bumper shocks is the same though the shocks themselves are not. Also its a very different filler 78-9 vs. 80, as well as wagon to coupe/4 door are different.
Clear it up for ya? :D

Back