A parking lot of puke

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Now if the car written off, why would I make a claim for $700 knowing they'd just jack the rate.

Then 'if' something happened after that, I'd have two claims, at even more money per yr.

slant6billy

Reaction score
One point I am driving at is, that these are not that reliable, nor fuel efficient, nor return on investment. I've explained how "trade in value" works and it never "works" for the consumer, since a crap box kia is still a kia in 3 years, in 5 years, and junked in 12 years. No dealer wants to do anyone a favor a collect your trashed kia in 3 or 5 of x number of years. If leased, you have to carry additional insurance to protect the lease company. At the end of the lease you have nothing. So called smart people cannot be reasoned with. All these kias and hundias are a form of litter. I mean this is right on the banks of the Delaware River. So all these crappy cars will litter the earth much sooner than any FMJ. We know this to be true, since our cars are harder and harder to find in any junk yard. when we find any or parts for an FMJ mopar, we get a rush like no other. In 30 years, no one is going to do backflips when they find a 2015 kia or hundia.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Now if the car written off, why would I make a claim for $700 knowing they'd just jack the rate.

Then 'if' something happened after that, I'd have two claims, at even more money per yr.
:BangHead: I don't know if you are trolling me or just really aren't getting what I'm saying. I'm not talking about your insurance. If my car is written off, I don't have the legal right to even make a claim. It doesn't matter if the car is worth $5 or $5 million, if I want coverage that allows me to make a claim I have to have the value of the car assessed and then they will give me a rate based on that. That kind of insurance if you have excellent credit, a clean driving record and are over 25 years old, well the last time I halfway considered it was over $300 a MONTH for a $4000 car. And if you get a loan, that kind of coverage is required by law.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Is this if you wreck it or someone else wrecks it?
Then where's the insurance coverage you pay for besides liability?

Here I get $1000 only if someone else wrecks it.
I'm not stupid enough to wreck mine cause I get 0.
I have one of these cheap cars insured with Haggerty for $8500 plus 13% for $121 yr.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
One point I am driving at is, that these are not that reliable, nor fuel efficient, nor return on investment. I've explained how "trade in value" works and it never "works" for the consumer, since a crap box kia is still a kia in 3 years, in 5 years, and junked in 12 years. No dealer wants to do anyone a favor a collect your trashed kia in 3 or 5 of x number of years. If leased, you have to carry additional insurance to protect the lease company. At the end of the lease you have nothing. So called smart people cannot be reasoned with. All these kias and hundias are a form of litter. I mean this is right on the banks of the Delaware River. So all these crappy cars will litter the earth much sooner than any FMJ. We know this to be true, since our cars are harder and harder to find in any junk yard. when we find any or parts for an FMJ mopar, we get a rush like no other. In 30 years, no one is going to do backflips when they find a 2015 kia or hundia.

Are you saying all those sleek beautifully designed hyunduh vagentis and pissan morono's won't be sought after collector cars?

Unbelievable.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Is this if you wreck it or someone else wrecks it?
Then where's the insurance coverage you pay for besides liability?

Here I get $1000 only if someone else wrecks it.
I'm not stupid enough to wreck mine cause I get 0.
I have one of these cheap cars insured with Haggerty for $8500 plus 13% for $121 yr.
Doesn't matter who wrecks it. They call it "no fault" insurance. There is no coverage besides the liability. If I get in an accident and it's not my fault, I still get a check for $0. It sucks.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
What about all these commercials on TV by Allstate and the first accident is free?
Or the other where your claim is in in 24 minutes or so?
Who insures new cars on car loans?

Or are you just talking the cheapest insurance available?

We have no fault too.
My insurance pays me and vise versa for the other.
Then the insurance companies battle it out, or it balances out with any other claims made between insurance companies

slant6billy

Reaction score
What about all these commercials on TV by Allstate and the first accident is free?
Or the other where your claim is in in 24 minutes or so?
Who insures new cars on car loans?

Or are you just talking the cheapest insurance available?

We have no fault too.
My insurance pays me and vise versa for the other.
Then the insurance companies battle it out, or it balances out with any other claims made between insurance companies

From state to state rules change. What you can and can't get compensation for. I would not wan't to get into an accident with someone from a certain few states. The bureaucracy would kill you if the accident did not. My Dad had been hit while walking by an impatient driver and was told "hey they limited fault " on the guy's insurance proved to be a headache. Some BS insurance the guy had out of Delaware. My Dad had to sue his own insurance company to cover the medical, even though he was 10 feet from his own car. I worry what policy is any one's glovebox. "Just enough to keep it legal!

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Back to the original thread. I witness another bullshit award to a Mitsubishi Eclipse at a show with BLING BLING wheels. Lots of good iron and mopars and ..... da da da and the award goes to the 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I can't make this stuff up.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not meaning to go off track again but, we ask the same thing about something else. How did we end up with a president that no one voted for?

I agree though. I've seen some car get "peoples choice" or "best in class" and you wonder whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????? Are you serious? I guess it's all subjective as to what a person likes and doesn't like.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Back to the original thread. I witness another bullshit award to a Mitsubishi Eclipse at a show with BLING BLING wheels. Lots of good iron and mopars and ..... da da da and the award goes to the 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I can't make this stuff up.

What freakin categories do they have in these
Best Metrosexual Blobular Shitbox?

Darth-Car

Reaction score
It's sad Hagerty understands the love of collector car owners for their cars, and that they are hard to replace, but they will not ensure one if you plan to enjoy it, and drive it regularly. Conversely your standard auto policy will gladly ensure your collector car so you can drive it regularly, but if something happens to it, you are out of luck or compensation.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Check into Grundy Collector Car Insurance. I have mine insured for an agreed value of $25,000, full collision, comprehensive, liability, spare parts, towing, under insured/uninsured motorist, etc, etc, etc and it's only $178/year with $500 deductible on the collision and comp. Basically anything that might happen, I'm covered. That being said, I really hope I never have the need to make a claim!

They allow you to (for example) drive it to work ONCE IN A WHILE, go cruising, maybe take it to the store (and park in the farthest away spot) SOMETIMES........................How they would know is a question. I think they somewhat rely on the honesty of the policy holders. Obviously can't be used as a daily driver and the premiums reflect that. No mileage limits either. I can't remember everything right now.

Got to remember, any specialty car insurance isn't for daily drivers. If it was, the premiums would be much higher.

Back