all them roller 14 inch steel rims gone to scrap

slant6billy

Reaction score
I must have scrapped my collection of 14 inch steelies over the years. One was found and is now a spare. One disappeared. I need them now to take the f body over to paint........ Yes, I could kick myself friends. I could really kick myself.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
No salvage yards close by? I can look in my storage to see if i have any,otherwise i might have some at my mom's farm. Don't know how close or how far you live to me, but i live about an hour north of waterloo,ia.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I put an ad in the local Southern New Jersey Craigs' list yesterday morning and by the afternoon- a response. a guy about 6 miles south of me is clearing out his garages and has two rollers somewhat holding air and a third rim with a shredded tire. 20 bucks gets me out of my jam. I'll be picking them up around noon today. I have a tire from an old camaro I can throw on the rim with the shredded rubber. I had a nice set of rollers, but sold them to roadrunninmark. 15 by 6 fronts and 15 by 8.5 backs now sit on his 71 cuda. Some rollers are too nice to screw around with and that was why I sold them..... know I would just over spray and blast on them something aweful. Thanks again.

slant6billy

Reaction score
rollers with new home - my garage

Hey for 20 bucks, can't go wrong. 3 mopar 14 inchers and a ford 15 by 6. 2 of them are wide 60s 9.5. That should keep it looking good when it goes to Macco for the final paint. Yes folks, I did say Macco. I'm shooting the etching primer and the guys at Macco are doing the rest. I don't know too many shops that can get the paint I want and shoot the car in under three days and stand by the work all for under 400 bucks.

100_1432.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
with a set of moonies for sheets and giggles

Got them on and said....... let see what they look like with the moon hubcaps....... As usual it looks awesome- I am bias though....... 60 series "G" on the back wheels. And these are just for getting to the paint shop.

100_1435.jpg

100_1437.jpg

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
The local Maaco in Bellevue has a couple of very proficient painters. With my '72 Scamp prepped out, they'll shoot the car in basecoat/clearcoat (PPG) for $1000-1200. They'll even paint the roof black (the vinyl was removed, but I'm putting the color back on along with the trim), the rest the factory metallic gold. May put some pearl in the clear, too, but unsure about that at this moment. Finish the remaining prep work and then consider getting tricky with it!

slant6billy

Reaction score
get some pics of that up on this site........ that sounds like it will stun the eyes.

Back