Alloy 318 Mopar Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
This month's issue of Mopar Action has a question regarding aluminum LA small blocks in the Tech Questions section. Accord to Rick Ehrenberg, there is somebody who actually offers these. I'm at work, so I can't look it up right now.

Kostas

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Hughes has Ritter aluminum blocks.

IMG_0174.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Kent Ritter is the person that was written about in the Mopar Action Tech Topics section. The reply from Rick Ehrenberg said that it uses all stock components. Interesting that it is a 4 bolt main block. I don't know that there are many 4 bolt main LA blocks of any type, but I may be speaking from ignorance.

Kostas

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Kent Ritter used to make KILLER small blocks, and raced NHRA. He ran a look alike to the pro stock car Darrell Alderman drove. Except Kents was a small block. It was a bad assed car.

I haven't heard of him for awhile though.

chmirada

Reaction score
I'm from the area , i seen that posting several times , I believe it's a Magnum block

greymouser7

Reaction score
Kent Ritter is the person that was written about in the Mopar Action Tech Topics section. The reply from Rick Ehrenberg said that it uses all stock components. Interesting that it is a 4 bolt main block. I don't know that there are many 4 bolt main LA blocks of any type, but I may be speaking from ignorance.

Kostas

You are correct. The only four bolt main blocks were the R series and maybe a couple of X blocks because Chrysler was crazy. ({ aftermarket blocks}) I am pretty sure that not even the Trans/Am blocks are four bolt.

That one listed in Boston has been listed for a while. It seems this block might be experimental to the Magnum transition and I believe would only have been a few blocks. They make fiber glass 60's Cuda fastback shells now and this would match that light weight theme well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back