Amish Mopar

jasperjacko

Reaction score
This is a true story I have to share. My brother had a 71 challenger r/t 5 speed that I drove to the Mopar nats a couple of years ago. He sold the car to a young guy with more money than brains for 60k. That guy ends up owing a 20 something amish roofer 80k for a bunch of contract work and talks the kid into taking the challenger as payment. The amish kid and his dad have NEVER driven a car before, but the dad likes it so much he wants to learn.....shunning be d....d. lol. I'm going to try to get a picture of them with a team of horses hitched to the front for a TRUE amish mopar!
100_4069.jpg

100_4069.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Great end to the story...... About 12 years ago my brother knew a "kid" that loved this car and said he wanted to buy it some day. That kid went to the military, saved his money for years, and ended up getting the car for just 30k! Happy ending! P.S. The amish guys decided to sell it and not learn to drive.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Cool Story. There are a few rich guys out there hoarding mopars who got their money by screwing over people. There was a medicare scammer guy order test for folks and billing the government. Dude had a fleet of cars and quite a few mopars. The government came in a took them all and they went to auction. Just shows, that barn find hemi car or cool mopar may not be out of the reach of the common enthusiast. Keep your eyes open. Some greedy bastard's mistake, might be a win fall for someone.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
So that beauty just sat because dad didn't ever learn how to drive it?

What a barn find that would be.
Cool story!

Back