Any Musicians?

brotherGood

Reaction score
Actually looking for drum kit advice..but didnt see anything on here that really was an open topic for musicians, so I figured why not. I am a guitar player myself, but my question related to drums is stemming from my church I go to. I work with the youth, and am pretty much the only one pushing for live music up there. I used to play, and we lost all of our other musicians for various reasons, and I've been stuck by myself unable to play. Well, were currently in the process of getting a band together up there, but in the meantime we're really focusing on getting some new equipment.

So, are there any musicians in the house? If so, could anyone help me with my drum issues?

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
Not a drummer, But play a mean Banjo. I've got a buddy that's a drummer who might know some stuff. What's your issues?

brotherGood

Reaction score
Trying to determine whether it'd be a smarter move to buy new heads and piece together the current kit we have..which is pretty used, or just buy a new cheap kit and go from there.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Trying to determine whether it'd be a smarter move to buy new heads and piece together the current kit we have..which is pretty used, or just buy a new cheap kit and go from there.

Former drummer. Current guitar player....amongst other things.......

I'd go to your nearest reputable music shop and price heads. As long as all the drum hardware is solid it shouldn'tbe a big deal to re head and tune them as long as one of you knows how (I'm betting there's a youtube video on it). Price that against a new kit (remember though although prices have dropped due to the asian invasion you still to a degree get what you pay for)? Do some price comparisons and see what works best for you.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I know pearl is a pretty good name and theyve got a 5 piece kit for 400 bucks in looking at.

I know heads would be about 120 for a good set for the current kit..but I dont know anything about that kit. Either age, or type of wood the shells are..and what condition theyre in.

At the same time, I know the cheap pearl kit will probably have less than ideal heads..but ill know the condition of the shells.

The other unknown is the cymbals. Like I said, I really don't know much about drums.

We will be building a cage and micing them to their own mixer, and running that mixer to the master board. I'm pretty amped for that..cause now I can get one step closer to recording.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I had a friend who I believe had a third hand, he was such a great drummer. He always swore by Zildjian cymbals.

Back