Ballast resistor wiring

Voeltagear

Reaction score
I'm curious to see other vehicles wiring at the ballast resistor. I swapped my blue wires to match the wiring diagram (the picture was taken afterwards). The small blue jumper wire was hooked to the side with the big brown wire. I'm sure it's not a significant difference but I'd be curious how many times it happened on the assembly line.
20230627_201713.jpg
20230627_201008.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It was plugged in wrong?
If someone jammed it into the wire on the other side someone probably did it to bypass the ballast and put full power to the coil.

69-

Reaction score
The input side doesn't matter which way, as both BR inputs get IGN (DBL).

On the output side (coil and ECM) it makes a difference, if I remember correctly, as both resistors have a different rating/resistance.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
No, the wires were inserted into the connector that way. The plug isn't damaged.

Ok, the way you said The small blue jumper wire was hooked to the side with the big brown wire had me wondering.

On my truck the plugs only go on one way. I think its to make sure no matter how they're plugged in the wires end up on the proper side of the ballast.. asin the different colors always go to the right resistance even if they are plugged in the opposite ends.

Aspen500

Reaction score
OK, now I understand what you meant about the wires. Yeah, doesn't matter which end of the ballast they're hooked to. The pegs on the hardshell connectors make it impossible to plug them in upside down, unless you're a knuckle dragging oaf that is, lol.

Back