Battery hold downs or Thermoguard?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to get a 1980 Cordoba into some sort of usable shape. One of the items that needs to be addressed is the battery, and more specifically, how the battery is held down. Right now, there is no battery hold down of any type (car isn't on the road yet, so no issue at this point, but I want something more secure when I do get it on the road). I have looked at the battery tray, and there doesn't seem to be any holes for the J bolt style battery hold down. What I do have is a strut rod that appears to be similar to the one in bremereric/Eric's M body shown on this page, about half way down:

http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cla...my-garage-to-make-room-for-another-car/page23

So, I am assuming that the car originally had a Thermoguard battery cover on it. Anybody know if this is right, or am I missing something? The shorter strut rod (battery strut rod) is black, while the other longer strut rods that the firewall/cowl area to the fenders are body color.

I guess my options are to try to locate a Thermoguard, or to drill the battery tray to use a standard battery hold down arrangement. I think I would like to find a correct Thermoguard (some have vents, some don't, and some of the older B body Thermoguards have integrated washer bottles), if I can. Anybody know of anybody who would have one? Also what is the biggest battery that will fit inside a Thermoguard cover and the Cordoba's battery tray? I will eventually be adding a 100A generator (the big Chrysler factory one) to power a fairly powerful car audio setup.

Kostas

Back