Blue Black Striped Aspen RT ?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Me not like this white color scheme nor do I like 78/79 parts ona 76/77 or the other way around.

Id like to see this cars tag.

60881787_1181092595396042_2867692267244129905_n.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sangria is a red wine, does the name make sence now.
Ah, therein lies the problem, I don't drink.

I kind of like the white R/T. Correct me if I wrong (I frequently am with differences between '76/'77 and '78/'79), isn't that spoiler for '78/'79? Yeah I know, my '79 has the wrong one piece spoiler off a '76 R/T but the price was right in '89, a whole $5.00

kkritsilas

Reaction score
French Racing Blue is probably taken from the Formula One standard country colours. France was a light blue, American was Medium Blue and White (like the Shelby Mustangs in White with blue stripes), England/UK was Dark Green (British Racing Green), Germany Was Metallic Gray/Silver (the Silver Arrows), Italy was medium red (as some call it Ferrari Red). Now that the cars are all privately owned teams, that has fallen by the wayside.

Sangria is a red wine, plus fruit juice, and pieces of fruit, and large quantities of ice, usually consumed in the summer. It is like a fruit punch, but with red wine. I believe its origins are Spanish.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Ok I will clarify French racing blue for you guys.
20190817_220150.jpg

What is has to do with a Mopar?

old yellow 78

Reaction score
When I was looking at buying my wagon, I really wanted one without woodgrain – but wasn’t excited about the color. That said, it has grown on me and the color does stand out in the crowd (not sure if a good thing, or not …).
20160611_105017-jpg.jpg
BudW, I think the blue on your wagon is VERY cool and also I suspect VERY unusual these days. I always liked it when it first came out and remember my uncle got a new two door Volare company car in this same color. I think it was quite unusual to find it on a sedan or wagon though. The F interior that goes with this blue is also a very nice and unusual color of bright blue. My good friend has a '75 Dart Sport in this same color (or very close) and it always gets good comments from people.

IMG_20160716_171218509_HDR.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I got it, Chrysler just had to be bigger than the turds they were building.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I got the stripes today, seem to be in really good shape and viable. Its so weird to me that I actually owned a blue stripe car (the one I posted the two pics of it) the B5 French blue and disliked it so much then not to even recall alot of its features.

My 76 I have now was the darker B5. Im asking myself if im ready to paint another car with several so close to being done. I guess I could start sanding a little here and there as it needs no body work to speak of. Now I wish I had the old 77 B5 French blue, blue strip, white interior, 360 car back.

But hey, the good thing is I got the stripes for $40.

DSC03257.JPG

80mirada

Reaction score
Corinthian Leather is named for the process in which was tanned. The process was invented in Corinth, Mississippi. It was invented by George Washington Carver and Trygve Luetkemeyer. It was a tanning process that didn't use Lye, it used cottonseed oil and produced a softer and more durable leather. It is the type still used in Automotive and furniture today. The "Ad Campaign" story was made up in the 80s.

80mirada

Reaction score
I always thought it was some fancy name for marketing, until I had to write a research paper on George Washington Carter in a history class

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The way it was advertised, a question came to mind when I heard “rich Corinthian leather”.
Did they not use any leather from poor Corinthians?
Yes, it is a (bad) rhetorical question – just something un-busy minds think about sometimes.

XfbodyX, nice looking decals. Any more details about your project, you can share?
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Not alot to mention on it Bud, its a 76 RT thats been in my family for a long long time and has alot of meaning to me, its been sitting with the drive train and font K out of it for almost 15 years on jack stands in the corner of my shop. Its got the full interior still in it and also has a well done 10 point cage in it since it was a mild bracket car in the 80-s. I will message you a couple other details.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Now ive got to decide weather to go with the 76 B5 color because ive always like the silver with the blue in the one vid I posted and ive actually got some really cool sunburst metallic silver paint from the 80s. It looks like normal silver but close in the sun it shows the different color flake.

But I will price some mid grade 76 B5 just for kicks, I dont drive my cars much at all and they all stay indoors so im not worried about the sun.

DSC07836.JPG

DSC07837.JPG

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Here is a pic of that sivler 78 rt in the vid. Im so torn by weather to go with the 76 B5 Blue or the good quality silver base I have and just pop for a high end clear. I like the silver and blue and really quality wise id be way ahead because ive really not the money to spend on a good quality B5 base. Chromabase is pretty costly.

Yes I know this is a 78 but the color combo is why im posting it.

I wonder what a 76 rt grille would look like with the grille slats painted the orange.

107731638.jpg

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I think I would look at some of the House of Kolor silver bace coats then use a cheaper clear cote. I've hade good success with one in particular I use four cotes then color sand and buff. The ppg and Axalta ( Dupont ) clear cot is so over priced and over hyped it's ridiculous, I don't even care for House of Kolors. I've been using there Shimrin Pearl's with great results for about $80 per qt even for reds.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive got good quality base, its the silver in the test spray in the pics above your post with the flake in it. I may have to tint it a hair lighter or darker, I need to spray something metal.

What I will need is the clear.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I can't see paying $400 for a gallon of clear for a car that's got various brands of materials on it anyway. Also the paint manufacturer doesn't guaranty the product unless the painter is certified on there products.
So there no sence in buying the high dollar product.

Back