California Custom f body FonzMobile

slant6billy

Reaction score
California-Custom-Volare.jpg
Anyone here have one of these? Or some of the convertable custom F bodies? I only ever saw 1 convertable 77 volare listed in Hemmings years ago. Some real crazy dude near me had a 6 wheeled f body wagon a few years ago (williamstown NJ) if anyone bought that from him?
Love a good custom

California-Custom-Volare.jpg

super77se

Reaction score
im not sure what to think about that. ive never seen or heard of such an animal, but then again , i had never seen a convertible 77 cordoba until just a while back. but they exist, through a company called Emmit Coachworks.

m15.jpg

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Seen the California one before, dont want to hurt anybodys feelings.....but that thing is beyond FUGLY!!!

Dago Red

Reaction score
The Request Lines Are Now Open

Super, I know I speak for a great many convertable lovers when I ask that you reshoot that picture in more comfortable weather conditions.....like a summer day in the high 90's.

Oh geez, almost forgot, please make sure that young lady dresses for conditions.

But then, that's me, always worried about others.............................

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
I like the Doba (not to mention the woman is distraction, in a good way, LOL)...Volare? Not so much

super77se

Reaction score
Seen the California one before, dont want to hurt anybodys feelings.....but that thing is beyond FUGLY!!!

agreed lol

Super, I know I speak for a great many convertable lovers when I ask that you reshoot that picture in more comfortable weather conditions.....like a summer day in the high 90's.

Oh geez, almost forgot, please make sure that young lady dresses for conditions.

But then, that's me, always worried about others.............................

if she had a jacket on , we would miss out on the visuals lmao

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
No 77e, those 'puppies' are impossible to hide...

super77se

Reaction score
No 77e, those 'puppies' are impossible to hide...

lol , i think you are right , they are almost bigger than her head

Is that your Cordoba super? How many where made that you know of?

no , its not. ive owned a few dobas and just finished rebuilding a 77 charger to a modified state, so in my travels i have been doing research and i came across a couple doba verts that i thought never existed. as far as i can tell, there were approx 200 that were shipped to emmits coachworks to be "converted" herea couple pics of my charger and another doba vert

sorry for the threadjack :happy1:

d238.jpg

a276.jpg

po5.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
So when the big 3 (including ma mopar) decided to not make convertables in the mid 70's, where who and how did these come from besides emmit's? A guy used to come into my station (Gas & wash) with an Aspen 76 or 77 with a ragtop. I thought it looked odd and when he finally asked about my Volare, I asked him what gives with his Aspen. The car had something happen that had the roof cut off. Someone took a top from a late 60s mustang and grafted it on the Aspen. Oh, it had a super6 2BBL and 4Spd OD too. I also came across a few convertable Volares in Hemmings motor news about 10 years ago.

super77se

Reaction score
So when the big 3 (including ma mopar) decided to not make convertables in the mid 70's, where who and how did these come from besides emmit's? I also came across a few convertable Volares in Hemmings motor news about 10 years ago.
im not aware of any other companies, but i havent done any real digging. i would love to see a pic of an actual drop top 77 volare or aspen (think RR or R/T...... super coupe ?) , that would be very interesting !

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Yeah that Carson style top on the F doesnt do it any favors... daumn.... The puppies on the other hand......:sex:

Back