CB AM/FM Factory Radio w/mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

redex79

Reaction score
Contact seller
I think this is a 78 year factory CB radio am/fm. I have not hooked speakers to it but it does power up and all knobs and buttons appear to work. The indicator lights did work when the mic was keyed. $95 shipped free within the lower 48. Thanks, Rick

cb radio.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
That's a pretty good price. If it sells and there's something wrong with it, the buyer should consult a fella by the name of Hank Sybesma in lower Michigan. He's been doing factory radio repair for decades. Nice guy, too. They've gotten pretty big in the 20 years since I dealt with them regularly.

http://sybesmas.com/site/services/

jferrel

Reaction score
Did these come in cars, trucks or both?
Would this be correct in a 79 lil' red express?

NoCar340

Reaction score
Both cars and trucks were available with it. I sold the AM/FM 8-track CB out of my '78 Cordoba to a fella in Germany restoring the same-year Li'l Red.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I have seen them in the past,
but there always missing the mic.
Thats a good deal for such a rare option.

NoCar340

Reaction score
It was a while back, but I got $450 for my untested 8-track version with uncut wiring. That was on eBay, though, and included the factory dash bracket for the mic and the required special dual-lead antenna used with the radio/CB combos. I started the bidding at $0.99 with no reserve, and that's where it went. I guess the 8-track/CB is the Holy Grail of LRE radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back