Cleaned out my garage to make room for another car

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Just a little update on my project. The bigger radiator is a great plus. Last weekend I made it to the Saturday night meet and back. I ran a little past halfway on the temp guage which I would say is 180-190 degrees. That was in a balmy 95 degrees. Much better than the tiny radiator.

I still have that little stumble off idle and with a Holley tech I have figured it out. This ultra 570 Street Avenger carb comes with an 8.5 powervalve. That means I would need to produce 17" of vacuum at idle. He also told me any cam more than stock would have a hard time producing 17". Well tonight I put the vacuum guage on it and when all warmed up and at 750-800 rpm I produce 15" of vacuum. Tonight off comes the carb for a 7.5 power valve. Details to follow.

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Carb Smarter.

Well the 7.5 power valve must of been faulty because the car would not start unless I poured gas down the car so I threw that one in the trash. The 6.5 power valve worked but I still had a stumble if I hit the gas pedal hard. Next suggestion was to test the accelerator pump and shooter. Pushing the throttle back showed no fuel coming out of the shooter. The is a bullet shaped check weight underneath the shooter that I was told would stick. 10% ethanol gas causes this problem if you don't start your car frequently I was told. I took the shooter off, squirted some carb cleaner in there and moved it around with a pick. Put it back together and the problem is solved. As I rev the motor now it is nice and smooth. Going to look at an additive Eastwood sells to put in your gas and keep this from happening.

Last edited:

MoparTex

Reaction score
The Mopar gods are smiling on you! That is one classy ride. Enjoy it.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
do you still need that exhaust coupler? I think I have a match. If you still need it, let me know and I'll compare.-Troy

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said "Never ending project".

I scored a rusty Tuff wheel adapter off of eggbay for 85 bucks. I stuck it in the rust bucket last night and we will see how well the Evaporust takes car of it. This is how it was before it went in the bucket.​

$(KGrHqJHJEcFCZ,1TQLJBQpYr-Z)kw~~60_57.jpg

$(KGrHqNHJB8FCEz4J8(PBQpYsdb30w~~60_39.jpg

$T2eC16hHJF0E9nmFTMTuBQpYsPE(QQ~~60_57.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I have seen em red, blue, tan lol. I put tuff wheels in everything I love em. I learned something about them this past year, the cars and 2wd trucks take a different adapter than the 4wd trucks do. The 4wd's are all spline with no keyway. Anywho they make aftermarket adapters but they aren't nearly as nice as the factory "donut" adapters.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Nice battery cover. Didn't you or somebody else use some plastic paint to freshen up an old one? Would like to make mine look better.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I took my visor off last night and took it to the PPg paint store near me. I got a half of pint of DBI interior paint for 33 bucks. I want the steering adapter to match the steering column color. It came out of the rust bucket nice and rust free. I used paint stripper to get the rest of the paint off then wiped it down with laquer thinner. It has some flash rust on it which will be sanded off with some 600 grit before primer.

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Got two mini projects completed last night, options that the car could come with.

First of all I am glad I paint the Tuff wheel adapter to match the steering column. The paint I had mixed up matched pretty good and it looks much better than if I had painted it black.

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Second of all I got my battery thermal guard in place. The old timey looking battery would have fit the battery thermal guard better if I had ordered the bigger group 27 battery. The two pictures with the flash on make the color appear darker than it is. Overall I am happy with the way both mini projects turned out.

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

Back