Cool F-Body Pic's!

76volareman

Reaction score
20140517_165417.jpg

my 76' premier.

20140517_165417.jpg

Greg55_99

Reaction score
So late model wheels WILL work on the Mopar 4.5" bolt circle with no problems?

Greg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
So late model wheels WILL work on the Mopar 4.5" bolt circle with no problems?

Greg

I know lots of people say not to as they are metric,but they are 4.5" bolt pattern
BUT to mount em up on a early mopar you need to use spacers as the offset is WAY off

NoCar340

Reaction score
While I'm not a big fan of spacers overall, there are some available that properly center the wheel on the hub register and have a register of their own at the mating surface to the wheel. Those are the ones you want; they're a little more pricey but the're well worth it. There's a ton of options available; I actually had good success looking at Amazon.com when I thought I might need some. Centering the wheels with only the studs is a big no-no, and is very often the cause of "mystery vibration" in cars with aftermarket/non-stock wheels. One of my best friends is an absolute chassis/alignment wiz of local "notoriety" and he has written "virbration caused by incorrect aftermarket wheel fit" on more than one work order.

The spacers on 76volareman's car actually bolt to the wheel studs, then provide their own studs to actually mount the wheel. You can see what I mean in his thread about the Procomp cylinder heads. I couldn't tell if they have the register ring for the wheel, though.

76volareman

Reaction score
no register. and a set of 4, 1" spacers with lugnuts incl. is $100 on ebay. bought a set for my 74' charger as well and all have been working well to date. no vibes or wierdness at 100+ so far. all are lug-centric that i have. and 1" seems to be the key to good backspace. 98% of aftermarket
wheels are lug-centric so go figure.

Last edited:

OrangeDustr

Reaction score
Here's one I just bought a couple of days ago, 79 Aspen Custom wagon. Super Six,Auto.
Aspen wagon.jpg

Aspen wagon.jpg

kmccabe56

Reaction score
They made 2 30" stretches (Burt Reynolds & Frank Sinatra) this is the only 20 inch stretch. It was made for the president of Kenyan & Eickert (SP) they were the advertising agency that Chrysler used @ that time. It was also used in the filming of several episodes of Dallas!

Kenyan and Eckhardt was the Chrysler agency in the 1980s. Chrysler also used Ross Roy and BBDO. Didn't know about this particular car. EXCELLENT find !

OrangeDustr

Reaction score
Looks like mine as well. A/C and cruise?

It doesn't have cruise but does have A/C although its not working right now. Also has rear window defroster, don't know if that was standard or not but I thought it was neat.

Back