CORDOBA SWAY BAR UPGRADE

1962TBIRD

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their sway bars on a 75-79 cordoba. Was the change an improvement? Thank you

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Wrong forum. That style Cordoba is a whole different animal then the J body 80-83 ones.

1962TBIRD

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the sway bars on an 80-83 Cordoba? Was the change an improvement? Thank you.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the sway bars on an 80-83 Cordoba? Was the change an improvement? Thank you.

It depends on the car and what improvement youre after but 80-83 is a smaller car with a different front suspension and other characteristics then the older ones so the improvements it makes wont necesserily be the same.

I think some already have a rear bar and adding that is the biggest improvement especially if it's added with the matched front one.

Last edited:

Duke5A

Reaction score
The J body Cordobas share a common front end with all the other sibling cars. Factory sway bar diameter is 1 1/16". The cop cars came with a 1 1/8" front bar and a 3/4" rear bar. Changing just the front made a significant change in my four door and adding the rear afterwards was night and day. Simple lane changing on the express way was honestly safer. The car would take exit and onramps much better without burying the corner of the bumper into the pavement.

My Dad's coupe which is pretty much the same thing as what you have had the exact same experience. Factory AHB/cop car sway bars are one hell of an upgrade if you can get your hands on them. Don't forget to grab the shock plates as the civi cars don't have provisions for the end links.

Slodoba

Reaction score
Added an M body cop car rear sway bar to my J body Cordoba. The dimples to locate frame rail mounts were right there. Since im running an 8&3/4 I had to use an e body mount to locate the sway bar endlink. On my two mile trek, I immediately noticed a considerable change in the handling of the car. It was way more stabl.

B0BBB5D6-347A-4D2B-B169-3ABEC89FDA43.jpeg

Back