Custom Cut Pile Carpet

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Anyone know of a company that sales F body cut pile carpet and stands behind there product? I have seen a few on Ebay but was wondering if that is our only option out there. Anyone bought the custom fits any where else? Thank You.

72Dodge

Reaction score
I just got the ACC one for my Mirada from Rockauto for about $113. I'm happy with it. I haven't done the final installation yet, but it seems to fit well and of good quality and can't beat the price.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Captain. How thick is the carpet under neath 72Dodge that you have?. Man that is a good price and at 12 months seems to be a awesome deal to me. Looks like the mass backing is what I am looking for. Thank You.

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Captain. How thick is the carpet under neath 72Dodge that you have?. Man that is a good price and at 12 months seems to be a awesome deal to me. I have already ordered it. Looks like the mass backing is what I am looking for. Thank You.

I'll get a pic for you tonight.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Yeah I see they have regular and mass backing. Was wondering just how much of the bottom was mass. I called them but could not understand what they were saying since it was not in English. Since they don't have any pictures and the video isn't specific. I was concerned with the thickness and how the mold is shaped for the passenger floor board meaning the hump.

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
Yeah I see they have regular and mass backing. Was wondering just how much of the bottom was mass. I called them but could not understand what they were saying since it was not in English. Since they don't have any pictures and the video isn't specific. I was concerned with the thickness and how the mold is shaped for the passenger floor board meaning the hump.

Yeah, mine is the regular, the cheaper one. I was going to put dynamat or whatever under it, but when I pulled up the old carpet, my factory soundproofing was perfect so I just left it. For a street car I think you'd want something under it. I don't know which would be cheaper, the mass back or regular with some material under it. Either way, I'll get the pics when I get home. I thought the hump fit was fine.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
With mass it is $153 and some change. Still pretty cheap.

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
As promised, here are the pics.

It's a solid 7/16" thick total.

3rd pic is of the backing.

Last 2 pics are of the tunnel and heel pad fitment. I know it's sort of hard to tell in a pic, especially being black, but... this is absolutely nothing but just thrown in there. No sitting out in the sun to flatten, no attempt to make it look good or get it exactly right, nothing. And I think it fits great. It's even formed over the exhaust hump under the passenger's seat. They give plenty of extra at the edges to trim off once it's all in place.

If it's only like $45 more, maybe it would be worth it for the mass backing, if you don't have the factory sound deadener in place still.

I hope this helps.

I still have about a dozen boxes like that jam packed full of parts from RockAuto and Summit to install on this car... daunting! I'll get her done and on the road next spring/early summer for sure though :glasses9:

IMG_6471_30p.jpg

IMG_6473_30p.jpg

IMG_6475_30p.jpg

IMG_6476_30p.jpg

IMG_6477_30p.jpg

IMG_6471_30p.jpg

IMG_6473_30p.jpg

IMG_6475_30p.jpg

IMG_6476_30p.jpg

IMG_6477_30p.jpg

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
So it is formed. Excellent. A picture is worth a thousand words. Actually when I bought the car the guy never put carpet in it. Matter of fact he neglected many things. I have Rattle Trap sound deadener I just haven't got around to laying it. Will put that carpet on my list. Thank You.

Last edited:

aspen77rt

Reaction score
I still have about a dozen boxes like that jam packed full of parts from RockAuto and Summit to install on this car... daunting! I'll get her done and on the road next spring/early summer for sure though

lol. Been collecting parts for mine since 2008. Whole bunches of new stuff to go on after awhile. Did the same with the 5.0L AOD to T-5 conversion. Over the course of 3 years, the only used parts were the pedal assembly and T-5 back-up harness. Everything else was brand spanking new.

72Dodge

Reaction score
No problem guys. There's so much knowledge here on the site that I glean from so many people that on the rare occasion when I can help in some small way, I'm more than happy.

Speaking of knowledge, what the heck happened to NoCar340? Haven't seen Pierre around here for awhile now.

Back