Custom Volare in "MOPAR ACTION"

Adrian-Hamburg

Reaction score
I just picked up the latest issue fo MOPAR ACTION out of the mailbox.

There is an 1977 custom Volare Road Runner with T-Tops on page 14 !

It´s the first F-Body I´ve ever seen in this magazin. :icon_jook:

77RTNJ

Reaction score
I like the shaker, a little to much orange though. If it were mine I would of painted the bumpers grille and headlight bezels satin black, but to each his own.

Kevin

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I like the shaker, a little to much orange though. If it were mine I would of painted the bumpers grille and headlight bezels satin black, but to each his own.

Kevin
At least you didn't say it looked stupid and bad unlike another person I wish I never met...any guess Kevin?

77RTNJ

Reaction score
Eric,

I responded to your pm about our buddy. like I said I like the scoop. Looks real nice as he rolled the edge of the opening with a nice lip. that is some real nice metal work. Looks like more professional job than some peoples hack jobs. Just because he was smart enough to figure out a way to use other mopar parts like the trunk seal doesn't make it a hack job as our buddy said. He can't even get his facts straight. He used a year one repop, not some jcwhitney plastic crap. After comparing pictures of this car and real shakers on original e body cars cars, his is real close. And since our cars did not ever come with them, what he did makes it look like it could be original.

I just love people who think that everything they do is the right way. This guy is not trying to make this car out as an all original, Just trying to show what it might of looked like if it came from the factory that way.

Kevin

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
See if this works...save it to your computer and your can zoom it

Mopar%20Action.jpg

Adrian-Hamburg

Reaction score
I would have done it anotherway too - I love chrome trim, I´d never have painted the bumper.

But everyone must like his own car and it´s surely a good work.

And ha saved a F-body !

77RTNJ

Reaction score
My chrome is in rough shape right now. No rust through, just a lot of pitting. I might once I get most of the body work done paint them satin black like the supercoupe ones. Eventually, I will probably get them rechromed, but it is usually big $$$ from what I hear.

Kevin

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
My chrome is in rough shape right now. No rust through, just a lot of pitting. I might once I get most of the body work done paint them satin black like the supercoupe ones. Eventually, I will probably get them rechromed, but it is usually big $$$ from what I hear.

Kevin
400 bucks a bumper is what I paid

Last edited:

Adrian-Hamburg

Reaction score

I fixed my rearbumper with rubber !

Does not look very smooth.

But shippment for a new rearbumper is to much for me.
I hope to get one in Switzerland, where Chrysler build F-Bodys too.
Or maybe in Sweden.

ramenth

Reaction score
I just love people who think that everything they do is the right way. This guy is not trying to make this car out as an all original, Just trying to show what it might of looked like if it came from the factory that way.

Kevin

And he did a good job with it. Imagine if Chrysler had built this car. It's a good imagining of a throwback to earlier years. The E-body Shaker, Painting the bumpers for that elastomeric look, the driving lamps, while still keeping the overall look of the F-body intact.

People who look at something like this and pick it apart and the ones who couldn't execute the build and know it. They're mouths are bigger than their skills.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
:thumbsup:Shaker on an F Body how about my a 79 Roadrunner.......I like it.......I like it a LOT!:thumbsup:

Back