Dodge Truck Damaged

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
More money than brains. If your gonna buy something with real HP learn how to drive it & dont do dumb ass moves surrounded by people & other vehicles. Its usually the innocent bystanders that get hurt & the meathead driver is O.K.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
allstate-accident-forgiveness-off-day-large-9.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Can't buy brains, but can afford something with way too much power. The shelby is a stupid powerful car. The Roush has less power, but better brakes and suspension- not to mention better tires. The Shelby does not have enough rubber to hold the road. Maybe I'm wrong, but I find a big empty parking lot all the time and test my car or truck with me. I see my limitations and as well the vehicles limit. I try to see where I lose total control, so I know where to stay away from that point. So ultimately when the carshow time comes around, I know when to do a slight chirp and a massive burnout without cause damage. I don't like even really doing that much, because even still things can go wrong. People walk in front of you as you come off the brake. Even worse: KIDS, who are as unpredictable as hell and know nothing of fear or smarts. So my rambling point: THINK before you romp the pedal. Imagine that fast car of yours as a gun or missile. You point it and shoot, what comes out the other end is very destructive.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's nothing new about all that. Way (way, way) back around 1971 my dad's '68 Coronet got rear ended. Back then insurance wouldn't pay enough to professionally repair a 3 or 4 year old car so my dad took the payment from the other drivers insurance and repaired it himself. He needed a rear bumper and I still remember clearly the yard we went to. They pointed us towards the Dodge section. As far as the eye could see was a row of '68-'72 (and some older ones too) wrecked Super Bee's, Coronet R/T's, Charger's, etc, etc, etc. There were at least 20 or more cars with the correct bumper but the best one still had a dent in it (he bought that one). Like it was yesterday I can still see that Coronet Super Bee (because of the Super Bee decals on the 1/4's), hood missing and that funny looking engine with the plug wires going into the valve covers that we got the bumper off of. Even at 7 years old I knew what a Hemi was (thanks car guy dad!).
Anyways, I'm sure the Plymouth section had rows of Roadrunners and GTX's, the Chevy section Camaro's, Chevelle's, etc and a good majority were the muscle car versions, not slant 6 Coronets. Sad....................................

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Every year I go to the local fair in the small town where my trailer is and they always have a car show. Say 5 years ago it was a beautiful hot day and it was a great turnout.....both cars and spectators. One guy they're with a Chevelle SS kept going to his trunk all day....filling up his plastic cup with something other than pop or water. He must have been lunched by the time the show was over.

I left the show and picked up some things in town. On my way up the road to my trailer park I see police lights and an ambulance. Uh oh....

I drive by and see that buddy's SS is parked in someone's living room. Turns out that this guy rolled out of the show, got to the end of the road where you turn to head into town and figured he'd show off. Stomped the pedal and totally lost it and slammed into a guy's house. Luckily nobody got hurt.

Lost his license, completely totalled his car and is now on the hook to rebuild the guy's house. One poorly thought out pedal stomp while being way too shitfaced to drive a golf cart let alone a big block. He's damn lucky that's all that happened. You can't fix stupid.

Aspen500

Reaction score
One word for people that drink and drive: LOSERS

A lot of those wrecked cars had drivers whose last words were "watch this" right before they wrapped it around a utility pole or were otherwise attempting to show off.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
As a former professional drunk driver with no wrecks, it's not the booze, but it's still the idiots.
Everyone stopped at the bar after work and bars had parking lots but a few idiots put a damper on that.

I learned to drive by drinking beer/gravel roads/night.
If you can do that, driving during the day sober is a breeze.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I used to work at a company in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It was a startup, and as things went in the late 1990s, the company got bought out by a much larger company. The people that were there at the start of the company all got substantial amounts of money. One of them was the manager of the software group. Guy buys himself a brand new Corvette (he was a big, beefy guy, his belly was rubbing the steering wheel).

He gets into a pretty heated argument with upper management. Comes out of the meeting steaming, and leaves to go to lunch with a sales rep buddy of his. Comes out of the company parking lot (fairly out of the way corner of the city). Gets onto the road, and floors it. Car takes off, must of hit some sort of slippery patch, or for some reason lost traction, Corvette slides to the right, hits the curb, and takes out a light pole. Airbags go off. Corvette rear suspension is wrecked, body behind the doors is a total mess, right wheel is almost bent in half. Car takes $40K in damage, pretty much everything behind the doors needs to be replaced, airbags need to be replaced, and he has to pay for the light pole.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Early 80's car show, I was doing a burnout when 3 cop cars pounced on me lights flashing.
The 'real' bikers saw this and started a brawl.
At this point I come pretty unimportant to the cops.

slant6billy

Reaction score
showing off is tough to pass up, but never to be done impaired. I have not drank in 15 years. One trip to the county lock up over 3 beers convinced me and my Dad's liver quit working when he was 60. So I'll find other was to do myself in. Drinking ain't it. If I don't like surroundings, I ain't lighting them up. Too many people - Nope, too much gravel- Nope, Conditions have to be good. More times than not- I just rev the engine. Since the sound is not glasspack type or flowmaster generic, folks tend to wonder what they are hearing. My mufflers are actually there to muffle the sound. They barely do that when I'm into the RPMs. Getting sideways around a bunch of other cars, immovable objects or people, is just too scary.

NoCar340

Reaction score
High performance car, low performance driver.

I only watched the video once, but was the idiot still in the throttle when he lost it?
Your comments reminded me of this video, which I refer to as "The Evaporating Camaro". Hey, man, here's a tip: When the ass end is stepping out, you've already got too much wheel speed. Upshifting and staying in it is only going to worsen things.

Back