does anyone here own a fully optioned load runner or dodge sport wagon

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of draining both tanks on the ford f350 diesel and we drove by it on the way to doctor visit this week (its a distance from the house).
He looks at me and says - did you take the bed loose from the back of that truck?
Yes.
Find anything?
Yes.
What did you find?
The diesel in the rear tank is bright yellow like the color of your pee after you take water soluble vitamins. Bright yellow.
That doesn't sound good.
I agree.... it stinks to high heaven as well.
What are you going to do?
Drain the tank and powerwash it. Do the same thing with the front tank. And get it back on the road so I can haul trailers again.
Ah. Great idea. Are you going to fix the seat cushions?
Yes
How about the fenders?
Jacinto said he would help me with the repairs (fiberglass).
And the paint?
I've got rattle can paint to match the Ford White and rust nuke for the metal. No solution for the dead clear coat yet.
See there. Once you get it running again, you won't need a station wagon.

Dang. I walked right into that logic bomb.
lol

JW

armataz

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of draining both tanks on the ford f350 diesel and we drove by it on the way to doctor visit this week (its a distance from the house).
He looks at me and says - did you take the bed loose from the back of that truck?
Yes.
Find anything?
Yes.
What did you find?
The diesel in the rear tank is bright yellow like the color of your pee after you take water soluble vitamins. Bright yellow.
That doesn't sound good.
I agree.... it stinks to high heaven as well.
What are you going to do?
Drain the tank and powerwash it. Do the same thing with the front tank. And get it back on the road so I can haul trailers again.
Ah. Great idea. Are you going to fix the seat cushions?
Yes
How about the fenders?
Jacinto said he would help me with the repairs (fiberglass).
And the paint?
I've got rattle can paint to match the Ford White and rust nuke for the metal. No solution for the dead clear coat yet.
See there. Once you get it running again, you won't need a station wagon.

Dang. I walked right into that logic bomb.
lol

JW
LOL what self respecting mopar guy would ever tell his wife she cant have a mopar, then force her to drive a ford. that right there is grounds for a divorce.. aint it?? ;-)

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Just to prove that there are exceptions to every rule, here's a photo of a gold aluminum wheel I purchased that only has the center dome area and the rim in the natural aluminum. The ribs through the spyder are painted. Somebody got sloppy that day in the plant.

100_6858.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive a good bit of info on that wrecked? one. Also is it the one on the cover of the mopar mag as the parts runner load runner?

droptop

Reaction score
Just to prove that there are exceptions to every rule, here's a photo of a gold aluminum wheel I purchased that only has the center dome area and the rim in the natural aluminum. The ribs through the spyder are painted. Somebody got sloppy that day in the plant.

View attachment 46619

Here is how they were painted originally. They were available in gold or gray/silver.

A0ECD1DB-FAB7-4442-9D9C-709FC448E2F7.jpeg

droptop

Reaction score
I have been working on some custom center caps using the original “wagon wheel” centers from the stamped steel wheels. What do you think?

7775FB72-7A2C-46C8-8CA4-483511950ACE.jpeg

0623ED7C-C5B7-4F92-8DAE-6B0BDC97AEC7.jpeg

DCAspen

Reaction score
Did the bolt pattern on the center cap match up to the 3 holes on the rim?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
DC, look at the oem rim, they get drilled for the newer type center pattern.

Id like to see one on a car to really decide, see if it looks normal or maybe a bit loud for that rim.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The wheels would not be hard to polish like stock, I've used urathane clear over polished aluminum.

armataz

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the info so far, I'm glad there's some interest in the subject. and it is helping me a lot. my wagons not a load runner, but it does work for a living running loads.

TAZ

armataz

Reaction score
thanks DC, I blew it up a little to make it easier to read.
interesting that in 1980 the 225 was listed on the sport wagon, but in previous years this was a V-8 package option only. also looks like the super 6 package may not be listed any longer.
3E341D44-0F4C-4F84-958B-40800A1B9064.jpeg

DCAspen

Reaction score
Super six was not an option on US made 80 F-bodys.

armataz

Reaction score
getting ready to add an aspen wagon SE and a volare' duster( factory quarter louvers and tail spoiler) to my 225 stable. pics when I get them.

Back