Dome Light Fuse Blowing????

mopower76

Reaction score
Unreal! There are a bunch of lights on that circuit!
I just got the title and plates figured out at the DMV so I’ll dive into this full force this weekend!
The chevy guy I work for (Ha! Ha!) is an arrogant ass and keeps telling me l that it’s the door switches and of course I’ll be checking them but now I want it to be anything but the switches! :)
Thanks again guys!!

Justwondering

Reaction score
My suburban ( which is in the process of being gifted to a mexican mechanic in a barter for help when my neice or nephew needs emergency help / car repair in the future), has the rear two windows that no longer go up or down.

The 'Chevy Guy' said it was the door switches.
The 'older brother' said it was arm-rest switches.
The 'husband' said it was fuses.

The 'owner' (me) said -- its now someone else's problem...
over 300,000 miles and it won't stay out of limp mode -- new parts thrown at it based on the ODBII codes and still nothing changes.

This is definitely going to be someone else's problem as soon as I make out a bill-of-sale.

'Chevy guys' opinion is just that ... opinion.

JW

Ele115

Reaction score
Unreal! There are a bunch of lights on that circuit!
I just got the title and plates figured out at the DMV so I’ll dive into this full force this weekend!
The chevy guy I work for (Ha! Ha!) is an arrogant ass and keeps telling me l that it’s the door switches and of course I’ll be checking them but now I want it to be anything but the switches! :)
Thanks again guys
Door switches are grounds

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Door switches are grounds
Yeah I was gonna say unless the fuse is blowing right when he opens the door, I doubt it's the door switches. I'd think dome or mirror light or cigarette lighter or there's a problem with the taillights, unless that steering column is out of a different year and there's a different harness and something is cross wired

Ele115

Reaction score
A door switch will not blow a fuse. If it shorts to ground, the light stays on even with the doors closed. It is, by design, the ground leg. They did that for just this reason. A short in this circuit will be BEFORE the load (bulb) and in any accompanying leg of the circuit (tail lamps) and before their ground sides.

Back