End of the road?

TheBigDirtyBrowner

Reaction score
My cars frame rails was quoted about 600$ to fix (Doesn't seem right?) But the car still drives and that is okay. However I would like to fix it or I have found a donor car for the engine and trans for 400$. Kinda a tight spot for me at the moment.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Lets not get to caught up in the moment.

My vote is safety.
If the motor and trans are 'upgrades', then do the rails.
If the motor and trans are 'required', then do the motor.

Unless someone more knowing can give you an option to stabilize the rails temporarily while the cash flow catches up to your needs...

There will always be another donor car....always. Someone grows tired of a project and doesn't want to put it back together, priorities change and have to sell a car for other bills, wants to clean out the barn to sell the place when his uncle died.... whatever reason ... there will always be another donor car.

Justwondering

Reaction score
The right thing is for you to be safe when you drive it so you can participate in the forums here and we can enjoy watching you keep that car out of the junkyard.

TheBigDirtyBrowner

Reaction score
Safe to drive now (I am very careful and you can't go way to fast or hit bumps in that car). What I am thinking is just say do the 600 bucks, yea she'll take awhile to save up but I am almost out of school and will make about that in two paychecks. So fixing this thing up is the plan. I like the car way to much to try and rip her heart out.

Joe12459

Reaction score
Fix the frame. The rest can wait. These cars are never done. You're always fixing or upgrading something, but safety comes first.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yes. Do the frames. Without them you're basically driving a floor pan.

Not good. And as Joe said. These cars are never done. But as long as they're safe it's all good.

TheBigDirtyBrowner

Reaction score
Oh yea. I found someone who will weld it for cheap. After that I will put it into full swing on building it and repairing other misc. things that are getting to me. (I am very ocd about this car)

Back