Flatbed or trailer Wish

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK, I have the unscratchable itch. All these parts cars are popping up. The fact that I always borrow a trailer that is a 1/2 hour away, keeps me from dragging home every mopar carcass I find. So it was so obvious for I while I just need to use the force and let go. So my next daily driver is going to be something with a wheel lift or a flatbed. It just need to be able to seat 5. There are just too many hated mopar carcasses being left to go to the crusher with good usable parts. I guess I won't be truly happy until I can save them all. Call it an epiphany moment like when Jake Blues saw the light Reverend James Brown was screaming about in the BluesBrothers.

I have seen the light and it is on a flatbed with a mopar carcass on the back!

ramenth

Reaction score
I thought about going with a rollback, but for the price of the trailer I bought, coupled with the fact that I already own a tow vehicle, it was just too good to pass up.

trailer.jpg

23 foot dovetail. Full deck. With the stake pockets, I have side walls to turn it into one giant utility trailer. As a matter of fact, it's so damned versatile it's sitting in front of my house right now with a pallet of osb so I can wrap the house. Once the osb is unloaded, the sides will be going on and the old siding off the house will be loaded on it to haul out.

trailer.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
I know. Trailers make more sense. I keep getting calls from friends and coworkers for hauling cars and a tow truck would be nice. I have hauled my one friend's car a dozen times in less than a year. As long as it is a "favor" and "Not 4 Hire". I only ask for fuel. I just enjoy the task.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Last year I got a sweet deal on a 1997 powerstroke dually for this very reason. It can swing both ways - gooseneck of bumper pull. Dad and I share the trailers so there is always one available for our friends in need.

Back