Frame connectors

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Oh Yeah...here is where it's all going..........

20121203_171826.jpg

20121203_171826.jpg

jamf

Reaction score
what are you guys doing for the emergency brake? my sub-frame connectors are right where my cables ran up from the rear.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
900.00? You must have got more stuff.
Heres what the sites says and whats included:
[h=1]Performance Pack..FJM-Body Mopar (ART-095)[/h][h=2]$339.95[/h]Our performance packs include a full set of four torque boxes and a set of subframe connectors for the ultimate structural strengthening. These products together improve the rigidity of the frame by more than 20%.

At the factory, torque boxes were known as “Hemi boxes” or “double floor plates”. They help prevent torsional flex in the unibody when starting and stopping rapidly. Ours are not factory-stamped clones for show car restorations, they're heavy-duty performance-oriented structural enhancements.

Subframe connectors connect the rear and front subframes to tie together and strengthen the entire frame. They were part of the original design for most Mopars, but were axed before the plans hit the factory to lower costs. A great addition to any Mopar, they're especially popular in high-performance vehicles and are absolutely essential for convertibles that lack the solid roof. Welding is required, we don't waste time with bolt-ins.

9secRR

Reaction score
i did not do the welding, i had a local shop weld them on. after i seen there welding, i bought my welder.

the welding was cheap, free!

LSM360

Reaction score
Approximately how much do you think a good shop would charge to install? I want to get the connectors eventually but don't have equipment, experience, or the room to do it myself. Thanks.

dodgefreak73

Reaction score
what are you guys doing for the emergency brake? my sub-frame connectors are right where my cables ran up from the rear.
Did you ever come up with a solution for the E-brake cables? I see no replies here as to how to correct this issue. I'm also curious about this myself as I'm getting ready to order my frame connectors and would like to know what people have done about the cables. Thanks

jamf

Reaction score
never did get to the e brake issue yet. i've been kind of focused on putting the engine together. but i was just going to weld a piece of pipe through the connector at the proper angle and rig up an extension for the cable off the pedal. i'll have to shorten the big cable hoop from the drums but that wont be to hard.
1204121207.jpg

1204121207.jpg

Last edited:

dodgefreak73

Reaction score
Thanks, this is the way I was thinking of going with it but I wanted to see what everybody else had done about this issue. I guess this is the way I'll be going this route with mine. Thanks again

jasperjacko

Reaction score
anyone know if a-body sub frame conns will work for a j-body?

Back