From 2 to 4

greyghost

Reaction score
Most people who don't think ahead forget the kickdown linkage.

Manifolds are easy to find, but you need to find the linkage first.

This guy has them or will get one for you.
glolas@comcast.net

From
http://www.dippy.org/forum2/index.php?topic=12678.0
I'm sorry I didn't consult this forum before I purchased the manifold but I wasn't part of this forum when I bought it from ebay. This 2 to 4bbl swap is completely new territory for me so yes your right I didn't think ahead but you are also wrong about me forgetting about the kickdown linkage because I would have to know about the linkage in order to forget about it! Anyways...thanks for the link to a guy that might be able to get one for me. A question for you, Doc is this, Is this guy going to want to know the type of 4 bbl carb I have? If so then I guess I will have to get one because I don't have one yet.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Just changed the Mirada to 4bbl.

Got the linkage from kickdown arm at the carb down to the tranny lever. Only thing that was different was the slotted kickdown arm and bracket that holds the accel cable and cruise control. All the other were the same. The 4bbl linkage I got came from an aspen.

P1050015.jpg

Last edited:

greyghost

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the visual aid on the kickdown linkage! I'll have to take a close look at mine tomorrow in the daylight. That Demon carb looks sweet atop that motor! Is that a 360 nestled in there? Nobody has responded to my question about the sheet metal plate I removed from the underside of the manifold. Do I need to remount the plate and what purpose does it serve?

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the visual aid on the kickdown linkage! I'll have to take a close look at mine tomorrow in the daylight. That Demon carb looks sweet atop that motor! Is that a 360 nestled in there? Nobody has responded to my question about the sheet metal plate I removed from the underside of the manifold. Do I need to remount the plate and what purpose does it serve?

It's a 318 in the Mirada.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
The sheet metal plate is a heat shield. Sort of stops the engine oil from "coking" up , due to the heat soaked manifold from the EGR.

greyghost

Reaction score
Well I finished cleaning, stripping and de-rusting the intake. I picked up a new piece of sheet metal to replace the old heat shield. I also modified the tubular fitting from down inside the manifold by sawing off the tubular neck and plugging the hole with a 1/4" steel pipe plug (same material as the fitting). I also tapped the hole opposite the steel fitting side for a 1/4" cast iron pipe plug. I preserved the intake with WD-40 and placed it inside a garbage bag inside the trunk of my Intrepid (which is stored in my garage for the winter). I plan to replace the hose nipples with stainless steel pieces. I plan on painting the manifold with Chrysler Engine Blue ceramic paint from Eastwood. I still need a carb and kickdown linkage but I've had other issues that have financial priority right now. It may be January or February before I recover from the financial fallout. Meantime, here's some pics:
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
001.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG