Got laughed out of a JUNKYARD today.

NoCar340

Reaction score
A friend of mine lives near a couple of "Pull A Part" junkyards. Both are huge, fully paved and keep older stuff until it's stripped clean. They also have "menu pricing", so a grille for a '71 Cuda is the same price as one for a diesel Chevette. Obviously, that kind of thing doesn't happen much, but he has picked up some really nice parts for his cars (ranging from classic muscle into the J-body era) at bargain-basement prices.

NoCar340

Reaction score
He's in the Atlanta, GA area. He doesn't get much chance to hit them, but when he does he tries to make a day of it.

tallhair

Reaction score
I have a couple of thermoquads and a Rochester 4BBL and some Holley 4160's and various 2BBLs. Shoot me a PM if you're stll looking

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Exactly....I don't bother unless I know for a fact that there's something there that I want. Which is pretty much never.

You mean that giant yard on the far side of Oshawa isn't brimming with M or J bodies any more? LOL!!!

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Not for a long time now.....
You know the Shwa do you?

My Mom was born there. Still have some relatives there. I remember going into that yard and being thrilled to find my choice of parts for my '60 Phoenix.

But that was XL years ago.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My Mom was born there. Still have some relatives there. I remember going into that yard and being thrilled to find my choice of parts for my '60 Phoenix.

But that was XL years ago.

Those days are gone.....
Good ol'Standard auto wreckers is wall to wall crap now.

alf44

Reaction score
i went to a u pull r parts a few weeks ago with my brother . wasnt looking for this but found a 80 aspen wagon /6 stick shift. bout the only thing worth getting was a 85mph speedometer which i got for 23.00 bucks. looks mint too

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
i went to a u pull r parts a few weeks ago with my brother . wasnt looking for this but found a 80 aspen wagon /6 stick shift. bout the only thing worth getting was a 85mph speedometer which i got for 23.00 bucks. looks mint too

Nice!
It's getting more and more hit and miss but every once in a while you get a nice score.

LSM360

Reaction score
Yards around here are a yawn, and when they still had anything worth a darn I hated dealing with the oxygen thief behind the counter. Some of them priced stuff way higher than it should have been, and acted like they were doing me a favor. I don't even look any more because it's all front drive boring junk, with the occasional Crown Sick mixed in.

As a kid I LOVED roaming through the yards. Didn't even have a car or license yet, but I loved seeing something cool (F, M, J, R, C, B, A body) and running to it to see what was under the hood. Slant six? 318? Ooooh, 360?

Florida is so damp and rainy during the Summer that rust is a big problem. Maybe not as bad as the snow/salted roads states, but pretty bad.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yards around here are a yawn, and when they still had anything worth a darn I hated dealing with the oxygen thief behind the counter. Some of them priced stuff way higher than it should have been, and acted like they were doing me a favor. I don't even look any more because it's all front drive boring junk, with the occasional Crown Sick mixed in.

As a kid I LOVED roaming through the yards. Didn't even have a car or license yet, but I loved seeing something cool (F, M, J, R, C, B, A body) and running to it to see what was under the hood. Slant six? 318? Ooooh, 360?

Florida is so damp and rainy during the Summer that rust is a big problem. Maybe not as bad as the snow/salted roads states, but pretty bad.

Yep...I feel your pain.
I've commented numerous times that there's nothing up here anymore.
Moparts in Beaverton has the occasional F or M but the regular boneyards around here are nothing but 95 and up......rubbish....

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Yep...I feel your pain.
I've commented numerous times that there's nothing up here anymore.
Moparts in Beaverton has the occasional F or M but the regular boneyards around here are nothing but 95 and up......rubbish....

about the best thing you can find around here are grand cherokee, and durango motors, a few magnum 5.2s, and 5.9 (don't try asking for cubic inches, it'll just confuse them)

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
A month ago I actually found that www.kennyupull.com at thier Ottawa, Ontario location had a 75 Charger... As soon as I seen it I took the day off work and stripped it down lol

It was a 400 big block too!

I pulled the engine and trans (only kept the trans) the engine was not siezed at all and someone took that pretty quick after I pulled it. Took the entire big block Kframe, torsion bars, rear sway bar, even cut out the ends of the rear frame rails... etc etc What a find

The only things really missing before I was able to get there was the TQ carb (yes was 4bbl as the intake was still on it), the radiator, the driveshaft and the brake adapters (which were the small ones anyway)

So keep an eye on the Kenny's web site close to you and you may find some of our cars come in... they go quick and do get crushed withing a few months.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A month ago I actually found that www.kennyupull.com at thier Ottawa, Ontario location had a 75 Charger... As soon as I seen it I took the day off work and stripped it down lol

It was a 400 big block too!

I pulled the engine and trans (only kept the trans) the engine was not siezed at all and someone took that pretty quick after I pulled it. Took the entire big block Kframe, torsion bars, rear sway bar, even cut out the ends of the rear frame rails... etc etc What a find

The only things really missing before I was able to get there was the TQ carb (yes was 4bbl as the intake was still on it), the radiator, the driveshaft and the brake adapters (which were the small ones anyway)

So keep an eye on the Kenny's web site close to you and you may find some of our cars come in... they go quick and do get crushed withing a few months.

Nice scores!
Thanks for the link....there's one in Hamilton too.

Back