HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

David Clark

Reaction score
Got an email today from Deconstructor Jim saying the Trunk pan for the 79 Aspy is on it's way via Greyhound. THANKS MUCHO TO JIM and I can't wait to get that cut out and welded in so I can get the Fuel Tank put back up on ol Orange. Next on the list when funds permit will be replacement rear quarters and rocker panels, The body rot on this thing is Bad, but repairable in time.

Will take progress Pics if anyone is interested. Will hopefully get the Transmission Dropped before the Trunk pan gets here and find out why the Clutch won't release. Will still have to get 4 Tires for it too when Money Permits. UGH, Why can't I win the Lottery Dammit LOL.

David Clark

Reaction score
I haven't done much to it yet, other than remove the Fuel Tank and replace some electronics, fuel pump and tune up stuff. I'll be getting a bunch of BEFORE pictures tomorrow before I really start on it. Main thing for is to get it up and running so I can have fun with it, then slowly work on the restoration on it.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
100_6532.jpg

David Clark

Reaction score
WHOOOOOHOOOOOO, (Does Happy Carlton Banks Dance. )

Hopefully be here soon.
--- Post updated ---
OK, got a few more pics taken of the Nastiness that's going need to be fixed on my Aspy. This might take a while LOL.
IMG_2233.JPG
IMG_2234.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2236.JPG
IMG_2237.JPG
IMG_2238.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2241.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG

Didn't get any good shots of the Frame but they Look ok, just a couple spots with some rust. The Rear Bumper is SHOT, Had a good 5-6 Rust HOLES all the way through it in several spots. UGH.

mirada80

Reaction score
Wow that is an ambitious project.... looks as bad as something from around here. My '55 is much like that.

David Clark

Reaction score
Yeah, they use a lot of Salt up here. I'm just hoping that Deconstructor Jim Will have most of the parts for me when I am ready LOL.
--- Post updated ---
At least the 74 Road Runner I picked up for 500 bucks only has like 2 spots of Body Rot on it (Smaller than a Nickel). Too Bad the motor in that thing is beyond running right now (was in pieces in the trunk LOL)

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hate to say it but, that's what 75% of Aspen and Volare's looked like around here in the mid to late '80's (I mean the daily driven all year round ones).

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, they called today and the Trunk pan is here, gonna pick it up on wednesday when I run down for a Doctor's appt.
carlton.gif

--- Post updated ---
Ok, so I got the New/Used Trunk Pan picked up yesterday while at my Doc Appt's and Today got a bunch of the Old Pan Cut out with the torch, wind picked up a bit and had to Saturate everything with water before firing up the torch. Sorry, but I don't have the Air Chisels and all that Fancy Stuff for doing this Trunk Pan swap so it will be slow LOL. Most of it is Cut out and then I will go back with the Grinder tomorrow some time and Clean everything up and get it ready to drop that used Trunk pan in. The Frame Rails back here on the Back look DAMN GOOD, and I think I am going to go ahead and add the Air Shocks I picked up for the Dart and get another set for the Dart Later on since I can easily access the shocks right now.
IMG_2248.JPG
IMG_2249.JPG
IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2251.JPG

David Clark

Reaction score
Wish I could have gotten more done today, but my Back and Feet are Killing me. I think I might have overdid it on my feet. Still recovering from the Foot Surgery I had at the end of January. I soooo can't wait to get this thing roadworthy it isn't even funny. Slant Six with the 3 Speed w/overdrive on it. Should be Fun, hell my 76 Dart with the slant six auto can bark the tires, can't wait to see what she can do.

On a Side Note. This thing has been sitting for ten years before I got it. I got it Running and everything and MAY have to tear into the Transmission but don't really want to if someone can point me in the right direction maybe.

When it's Running (Clutch has to be Depressed to Start it) She Purrs like a Kitten, however I can NOT for the Life of me, Get it out of Gear. It's Stuck in a Gear Right now, so whenever I let out on the Clutch, The Hubs Spin, If Let in on the Clutch they stop. But for the life of me, she will NOT come out of gear with the Shifter Handle on the Floor. Anyone Know what MIGHT Cause this before I start tearing into it and kind of Direct Myself from there. I plan to Start on the Linkages and then go from there. Does anyone have any good Pics of the Linkages on the 3 Speed with Overdrive??

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I spy a 7-1/4" differential.
Sure would be an easy time to change diff fluid at this point (not saying you need to . . .)

Gotta love the flex pipe exhaust

Looks like you did quite a bit of work, so far.

BudW

David Clark

Reaction score
I spy a 7-1/4" differential.
Sure would be an easy time to change diff fluid at this point (not saying you need to . . .)

Gotta love the flex pipe exhaust

Looks like you did quite a bit of work, so far.

BudW
Yeah, Laughed my ass off when I saw the Flex Pipe Exhaust LOLOL.

Plan on doing the Diff Fluid too, and cleaning out them Frame Rail's reallllllllllll Good too. Mostly just caked on Crud in there, not much rust at all.

Hopefully can get some more done tomorrow, we are in a winter Storm Warning come 6 am tomorrow morning through midnight and expecting 2-4 inches of snow. Good time to fire up the Torch for anything else with snow on the ground LOL.

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks,

I got my Airline Installed yesterday with the 50 Feet of Airline so I can get my air Chisel out to get the spotwelded spots removed. Also, after owning my Welder for well over a year now, finally decided to get the Outlet put in for it LOL. Procrastination at it's best. Soo, next couple days will finish getting the Cut outs cleaned up, and trunk pan in and welded back in. Supposed to be storming here next couple days so may not get anything done. UGH. Pic of New Reel with Air Hose on it (bought that about 6 months ago) and New Welder Outlet (and a couple others added for electric Fence Chargers for the Cows).
IMG_2263.JPG

Back