Heat won't shut off

Cordoba Tom

Reaction score
I've seen those where they operate and look fine, until you take the hoses off and look inside to find the actual valve is rusted away. Ran into that often when I was a Ford dealer tech way back when.
It does look like the valve is good, but not sure if there actually is vacuum there. I haven't had much time to work on it, but I did see that the blend door is on the other side of the control unit, and I am going to try to wire it closed to see if that will do the trick If it does, then I am going to hook something up to open and close it manually. I appreciate ideas I have gotten from the group members, and am always open to knowledge from other Mopar experts.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It's always been the hose fittings rusting out on the valves that have done mine in.

I don't know how the system is different between models but like I said previously working properly my 5th avenues can control the heat and cut it off without the valve in place. But dealing with the valve is probably easier then the different doors within the heater box itself.

Cordoba Tom

Reaction score
It's always been the hose fittings rusting out on the valves that have done mine in.

I don't know how the system is different between models but like I said previously working properly my 5th avenues can control the heat and cut it off without the valve in place. But dealing with the valve is probably easier then the different doors within the heater box itself.
I will check the number on the valve tomorrow (hopefully able to read it), and let you know, Volare. Yeah, 5th, if I can get the valve to work, I think that would be best, too. Thanks, gentlemen.

Back