Help please

Nuttyprof

Reaction score
I have an '80 Vloare wagon, and over the weekend I adjusted the valves on the slant 6 in it. When I took the air cleaner housing off I found a disaster, the wiring has been butchered, the vacuum hoses unplugged and left off, and the top of the carb is loose!:violent1: When I went to tighten the carb screws I discovered the holes are stripped,:angry3: so I will be replacing it when I can find one (I may have one in my assortment of "stuff") but I need diagrams for the vac and wiring. If there is someone who can point me to those online that would be a big help. Thank you.:icon_pray:

slant6billy

Reaction score
OK- Word of caution: Those screws that go in upsidedown will fall inside the intake if you are not careful. I had that happen. The 3rd screw in the back of the carb went into No.6 intake valve and I found out how to rebuild a slanty head the quick way. So the hack job is 1/2 the problem. Get the carb off the engine carefully. You probably should go with a new carb- my opinion as an option. I have an older Chilton's that may have the diagrams. If my scanner at work is working (it was not on Friday), I'll scan what I have. I did have a lot of info like this on an other computer, but the harddrive locked up and before I could stop the reimaging process and I lost a good amount of tech info. If you have access to a web cam or digital camera, upload what you are looking at and where your evil gremlin made its mark.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hopefully this shows up okay.
2013-09-29 14.07.37.jpg

2013-09-29 14.07.37.jpg

Nuttyprof

Reaction score
That will help for the canister thing with the rats nest of hoses by the back of the valve cover, but the hose fittings on the carb are in different places. Maybe I have a 1bbl, also is there a difference between Canadian and US Federal? Thank you for this, I'm sure I can figure the rest out knowing what each hose is supposed to be.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
As far as I know in 1980 there wasn't any real diff between the Canadian and US models....if your car is a two barrel it's a Super Six and should say so on the pie plate...do you know which carb it is? Carter? Holley?

Nuttyprof

Reaction score
That's the rats nest I have to reconstruct! I may delete some if parts are missing.I have a holly 1bbl it does not have all the ports and it is seized up so I may have to put a carter on there if I have one that is not rod type throttle hook up. I've already done the HEI swap, and with no inspections here there is no need to make sure "all emissions related equipment is present and functioning properly". I'm figuring on scrapping the car within the next 2 years but I need it for now.Thanks again!!

slant6billy

Reaction score
I vote for the carter. The vacuum amplifier might be able to be tossed, depending on what you want. Bare minimum- brakes and vac advance timing. Heater valve is next followed by a pick and choose to follow. good luck.

Back