Hemi Diplomat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeblo

Reaction score
Contact seller
Just returned from Carlisle and thinking its time to move on to other things. Looking to get around $12,000, will separate, $6,000 for motor and trans., $6,000 for the rest. If no interest in non running car I may install 318 and complete car for sale. Rebuilt 354 Hemi (block has not been bored, crank has not been cut), rebuilt 727,rebuilt 8 3/4 with 3.23 sure grip (742 case). New suspension, gas tank, radiator, brakes, brake and fuel lines, rechromed bumpers. The list goes on and on and on. If anyone is interested let me know and I will be glad to provide more info. Also you can see some of the restoration in the projects and restoration section.

67789 046.jpg

67789 051.jpg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I say keep it and enjoy it after all the work you've put into transforming this beauty

9secRR

Reaction score
very sweet ride.

I wanted to do that to my R/T several years ago. I bought a 354 hemi but didn't have the $$$ at that time to rebuild it and put it in. ended up selling the 354.

any vid's of your car running?

joeblo

Reaction score
I sat down and figured out what I have into the car and what its worth to me. Car was stripped down to bare metal and repainted, I am not a professional painter and this is not a show car paint job. (also not everyone likes this color). The idea behind this rebuild was not to build a show car but a solid M body that was reliable and would last. That is why everything that was not body color was coated with por-15. I replaced suspension including leaf springs (e-body XHDs) with Firm feel hangers and new shackles. Front suspension including all new poly bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, pitman and idler arms, Firm Feel aluminum K frame mounts, all new KYB shocks, and all parts that were not available new were stripped and coated to last. Brakes including rotors, drums, pads, calibers, wheel cylinders, hardware, emergency brake cable, lines, master cylinder, wheel bearings, even new retaining clips and hoses. Rear end - 742 case with 3:23 sure grip including new bearings, seals, clutches, perches, and even the yoke and u-joints. Fuel tank, fuel lines, electric fuel pump, pressure regulator and gauge are all new. Bumpers were rechromed and not a cheap job by the Bumper Boyz. Radiator was replaced with 2 core aluminum and electric fan that will be quite sufficient for any engine you would like to install. The interior is a little worn but overall nice and I like it so other than the Hurst ratchet shifter and the new head liner (which did not work out as well as I had hoped) it was unchanged. Was going to change wheels and tires but could not decide on what I liked. What I am offering now is a great foundation for what you would like to build. Drop in the engine of your choice and bolt on the wheels you like and you are done. After taking into consideration my investment, the market value of the M body (which most of us will agree is to low), and my desire for some garage space, I am lowering my price to $4,800.00. And as always I am open to any and all offers and input, (don't worry you will not hurt my feelings).

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm in awe of that car.
You've put an incredible amount of work into it.
Plus...
A Hemi Dip.....come on.

All I can tell you is I'll be checking my lottery ticket Thursday.
I really hope you can sell the car and engine together.
It sounds and looks so great it'd be a shame to separate them.

joeblo

Reaction score
Unfortunetly I'm having some issues with the transmission and the engine will have to come out to repair trans.. It is a lot of work to get that Hemi back in there and I'm not sure I'm up to doing it again. It has been a lot of fun to drive and a lot of fun to see the looks on peoples faces. Who knows what the future holds.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm sure you've had a lot of fun with that car.
Kudos on the work
And best of luck with the sale.
Hoping it goes to a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back