Holley 600 sticking on fast idle

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My Doba been in garage over winter, due to my daily driver having some issues I dug out the doba from hibernation. Driving to work today it cough and back fired but eventually that cleared, but what is happening is when its off the electric choke you drive down the road at 30mph and take your foot off the gas its still going 30mph, you tap the accelerator and it drops to idle speed, its like its getting stuck on the fast idle cam. I had a look at work today during my break and I can't see anything out of the way, has anyone experience it before, whats causing it to stay on that fast idle cam?

I have stuck my foot under the accelerator to see if sticking cable, all ok, I looked under the hood and throttle is being pull back tight with the springs.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bruce

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hmmmm A talk around the office at work has suggested that the bimetalic strip (eg the choke) was set up in summer and now its winter the cooler temps are not letting the choke come all the way off thus the thing can still get stuck on the fast idle cam, will check it out tonight.

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
In my afternoon break and have gone out with my tools and had a look, the choke plate was quite closed, I have adjusted it back to about a pencil width, see how it goes on the way home.

Poly

Reaction score
Was waiting to see how the upholstery turned out.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I had a similar issue once, it was lack of pressure on the return spring. Just put a stiffer one in and the problem was fixed.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
car working fine now after adjusting choke

IMG_20171228_210628.jpg

Back