I traded my soul / my Volare'

slant6billy

Reaction score
my donk.jpg
I needed car to be an UBER driver, so Eve had to leave.

In a Moment of weakness, I had to give in to the temptation of the Bowtie. traded Eve for the Caprice.

I'll be joining Fordonksonly.com, but will swing by here from time to time.

my donk.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
PSYCH ... yep. I'd cut my own nuts off first, before trading the Volare' for some botched abortion chevy on oversized rollers.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That was the first April fools day I've gotten through without having something pulled on me at work...

greymouser7

Reaction score
I actually owned one of those shitboxes....

Me too! Mine was a 1980 Impala. It had a 3.5" bore (3.48 stroke) small block Chevy 267 engine, smog pump, low compression, AND 2.45 HIGHWAY gears!!
The chevy guys told me that that particular motor (60ish HP) wouldn't do 130+ mph, it did. It had less horse power / acceleration than my worst 1.5 Civic engine, it had some torque to move that mammoth 4k lb car around, but you could not pull out in front of traffic because it could not move out of it's own way.

I paid $600 to my cheapskate uncle, for it and thoroughly appreciated no car payments.

When people tell me that 2.25 gears won't work with a small block, I think back to this vehicle, and well/bad it drove with such a terrible engine, gear combination, and weight.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Mine was an 89 craprice I painted flat black....with a roller.
Stock 305, no exhaust....well not much left anyway.
Blew the tranny and ditched it....paid $400 and got a year and a half out of it. I gotta say it was a fun car simply because I didn't give a crap what happened to it so I beat the piss out of it....

Craprice2.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
My dad had his 83 5th and my mom had the 77 Chevelle wagon. Dad wanted another wagon, but mopar did not make one anymore. He settled on an 87 caprice wagon. It was dog ass slow. He had a 96 SS impala for 2 weeks and wrecked it. He then had a 93 caprice wagon, again dog ass slow. Only the SSImpala was quick enough to be fun .. in his case too much. His liver disease affected his motor skills and reaction time. In fact, We hid his keys the last couple of years before he died. I guess the wagon being dog ass slow made it safe for him.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My dad had his 83 5th and my mom had the 77 Chevelle wagon. Dad wanted another wagon, but mopar did not make one anymore. He settled on an 87 caprice wagon. It was dog ass slow. He had a 96 SS impala for 2 weeks and wrecked it. He then had a 93 caprice wagon, again dog ass slow. Only the SSImpala was quick enough to be fun .. in his case too much. His liver disease affected his motor skills and reaction time. In fact, We hid his keys the last couple of years before he died. I guess the wagon being dog ass slow made it safe for him.

Yep....my 89 was a pig. Not incredibly fast but it would do okay with the 305 and lack of real exhaust......it was indeed a piece of shit car though. But I drove it like I was in Hazzard County which gave it the fun factor.....but I'd sure as hell never buy another. I bought it for a beater....and I did indeed beat it.....into the ground. The chebbies can't take anything close to what a Mopar can.

efriedrich

Reaction score
In a Moment of weakness, I had to give in to the temptation of the Bowtie, traded Eve for the Caprice.

You could of only typed this because a mopar man couldn't say this with a straight face.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I was pissing myself while I typed it.
blinglish z28.jpg
My coworker was threatening this as his 2012 ZL1. Go big or go home. In this case go home and puke.... Blah!

blinglish z28.jpg

Back